Anyone has a Logitech RX1000 Laser mouse?

GaT7 18:52 12 Nov 2008

This one click here.

Would like to know what the middle-click (scroll button click) is like - i.e. is it smooth & easy to press down on? I've heard this is relatively 'stiff'/difficult to press in some laser mice. Recently, already found out the hard way once! G

190119 19:44 12 Nov 2008

Using one right now,I find it very *clicky*, hard to press down and not at all comfortable to us but it's not a feature I need much.

I had a Trust laser mouse which was much smoother and easier to use but it got trodden on. Soon as I can I will get myself another Trust mouse.

Hope this helps.

GaT7 20:10 12 Nov 2008

Thanks 190119, that's exactly what I wanted to know, but didn't want to hear that this particular mouse was very 'clicky' too!

I also have an optical Trust mouse with an easy middle-click (a cheap MI-2100), & wanted to go for something more modern, but cheap. The £10 RX1000 laser sounded perfect :-(

As you may have realised, I often use the middle-click button to open webpage links in a new tab with a 'single' click. I'm sure many others do the same, so I cannot imagine why they make this particular button so clicky!? Does this only affect laser mice I wonder?

My other optical mouse's middle-click (a gaming A4-Tech) is beautifully smooth & easy to press down. As far as I remember, ALL the mice I've owned in the past, ball or optical, have had easy to press middle-click buttons. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?