anyone had experience of buying Novatech PC ?

Britmex 17:05 26 May 2007

Need new P.C. soon.Novatech have a very good price on a system with Intel Core 2 Duo 6600 with good components(£586).Only worry is that their guarantee is only for 1 year return to base.Also considering (gulp) Mesh and Evesham.Both have superior warranties to Novatech but are more expensive.
Anyone bought a whole system from them??
Incidentally I have had 3 Mesh systems before with mixed results.I notice that they have now undertaken to answer Tech Support lines by the 4th ring.I called them last week for a bit of advice.They answered on the 1st ring (just lucky ??)
Any advice would be appreciated.

Totally-braindead 18:30 26 May 2007

I've bought one complete system and had 3 or 4 barebones units and a couple of motherboard bundles from Novatech and all have been perfect.
I have had to contact Novatech about other items, not the PCs and have found their customer service to be second to none.
Personally I would have a Mesh, have a search in the forum for threads on them. Evesham although I have never had one seem to be well thought of as well.
Novatech gets my vote regardless of warranty.

Britmex 20:05 26 May 2007

thanks very much for your good insight

Chris the Ancient 20:10 26 May 2007

In the recent past, I have bought a desktop and a laptop from them. Nothing but praise.

Also bought a printer and found that the usb cable was duff. Replaced immediately with no hassle. Nothing but praise.

CtA

Europa 21:39 26 May 2007

I have bought a system from Novatech beginning of the year,had some stock problems at the time but it was sorted out in no time.
The PC I have is working perfectly, and I have found their customer service excellent.
I would recommend them.

sunny staines 21:49 26 May 2007

delivery and customer service good. their own make of products a bit poor, bought lots of bits and a few barebones systems from them had one bare bone set last year with faulty psu, cpu fan, ram twice, all replaced quickly no hassle, had novatech graphics card lasted only a year. but generally good service still continue to buy from them.

Strawballs 21:52 26 May 2007

Nothing but praise bought lots of items inc barebones, MoBo, monitor etc no problems only once did I have any trouble that was with a 512meg ram stick, my parents live close to their warehouse so took it back for me couldn't remember what I had told them was wrong so just said that it didn't work and they replaced it without question.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?