Anyone had dealings with PC Direct..?

awest3 12:36 21 Jan 2010

I'm looking for a new 37" LCD TV and after much research decided on the Panasonic TXL37V10B.

According to their website its on offer for £699 which is about £30 cheaper than on other sites.
However on trying to purchase the TV the price is £739.00..

I rang them to ask about it and was told by a very unhelpful staff member that the price on his screen was £739 and £699 was only instore. So I asked him to look at his companies website which he refused to do and just kept qouting the £739.

Just looked again and they even have a sponsored link now saying £699.

I shall buy from elsewhere.

awest3 13:53 21 Jan 2010

I notice they have now changed their website to reflect the £739 online price...

awest3 15:27 21 Jan 2010

Apologies....Wrong Name sorry...should read PRCdirect not PC direct

GaT7 15:39 21 Jan 2010

A few online reviews to get you started: click here, click here, click here, click here & click here.

They sell on Amazon too click here.

Couple of threads at AVForums click here & click here. G

awest3 17:35 21 Jan 2010

I bought it from Comet in the end..They had a voucher offer which knocked £37 off the price inc free delivery..so it cost £20 more than what I thought was the offer from PRC..but, judging from the reviews (always remembering that only the disgruntled usually post) I have possibly had a lucky escape..Thanks for the replies I shall make this resolved.

awest3 17:42 21 Jan 2010

Having just read a few more reviews it seems there are as many satisfied customers as disatisfied..you pays your money etc...

I have to say I feel a little more comfortable buying from Comet...but again only time will tell..Thanks again.

awest3 18:01 21 Jan 2010

Hi Joc1e,

You are quite right regarding the price..but as you also say the panasonics are a much higher spec and have brilliant pictures..I already have a 32" model which is going into the dining room.

I want to watch the cup final (Villa fan) on a bigger screen and 'she who must be obeyed' said yes..which was a suprise...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache