Anyone had dealings with PC Direct..?

awest3 12:36 21 Jan 2010

I'm looking for a new 37" LCD TV and after much research decided on the Panasonic TXL37V10B.

According to their website its on offer for £699 which is about £30 cheaper than on other sites.
However on trying to purchase the TV the price is £739.00..

I rang them to ask about it and was told by a very unhelpful staff member that the price on his screen was £739 and £699 was only instore. So I asked him to look at his companies website which he refused to do and just kept qouting the £739.

Just looked again and they even have a sponsored link now saying £699.

I shall buy from elsewhere.

awest3 13:53 21 Jan 2010

I notice they have now changed their website to reflect the £739 online price...

awest3 15:27 21 Jan 2010

Apologies....Wrong Name sorry...should read PRCdirect not PC direct

GaT7 15:39 21 Jan 2010

A few online reviews to get you started: click here, click here, click here, click here & click here.

They sell on Amazon too click here.

Couple of threads at AVForums click here & click here. G

awest3 17:35 21 Jan 2010

I bought it from Comet in the end..They had a voucher offer which knocked £37 off the price inc free delivery..so it cost £20 more than what I thought was the offer from PRC..but, judging from the reviews (always remembering that only the disgruntled usually post) I have possibly had a lucky escape..Thanks for the replies I shall make this resolved.

awest3 17:42 21 Jan 2010

Having just read a few more reviews it seems there are as many satisfied customers as disatisfied..you pays your money etc...

I have to say I feel a little more comfortable buying from Comet...but again only time will tell..Thanks again.

awest3 18:01 21 Jan 2010

Hi Joc1e,

You are quite right regarding the price..but as you also say the panasonics are a much higher spec and have brilliant pictures..I already have a 32" model which is going into the dining room.

I want to watch the cup final (Villa fan) on a bigger screen and 'she who must be obeyed' said yes..which was a suprise...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?