Anyone getting NTL Broadband slower then Dialup?

Danoh 22:53 15 Mar 2006

Since Wednesday evening, NTL internet access has been painfully slow.

WEB pages load so slowly I get timed-out (and the standard message that the web site is having technical problems or is not available ~ which can not be the case with all the leading names I'd tried).

Outlook send/receive also suffers from time-outs and errors.

Has anyone suffered the same problems recently?

bfoc 23:12 15 Mar 2006

And I haven't noticed any problems.

I'm in Merseyside and it could be an issue specific to your box/modem or your area.

Sorry I can't be of more help!

joe95 23:28 15 Mar 2006

I'm in East Lancs no problems here.

Danoh 23:34 15 Mar 2006

thanks for responding!!
Any S.E England sufferers?

SG Atlantis® 23:42 15 Mar 2006

North Belfast was like that yesterday, I actually thought I'd been cut off it was that bad at times.

BRYNIT 23:57 15 Mar 2006

NTL are doing maintenance work this week that may cause problems with service.

From the NTL web page.

Planned Maintenance Week Commencing 13/03/06

As part of the ongoing project to maintain and upgrade our Broadband network, there is a requirement to carry out maintenance and upgrades on components which may result in a loss of service for the duration.

The following work will be taking place during the week commencing Monday 13th March.

On the morning of Tuesday the 14th of March between midnight and 6 AM,

Network optimisation will result in a loss of service in the Watford, Leeds, Derby, Orpington, Stockport, Bromley, Reading, Swansea, Neath, Port Talbot, Middlesbrough, Bishops Stortford, Cambridge, Papworth, Newmarket, Luton, Hatfield, Nottingham and surrounding areas.

Network rebalancing across the country will result in a brief loss of service for all customers.

Essential Maintenance will also be performed on our email systems.

On the morning of Wednesday the 15th of March between midnight and 6 AM,

Network optimisation will result in a loss of service in the Watford, Leeds, Derby, Stockport, Reading, Bishops Stortford, Cambridge, Papworth, Newmarket, Leicester, Middlesbrough, Basford, Darlington, Hartlepool, Marske, Luton, Hatfield, Stapleford and surrounding areas.

Essential Maintenance will also be performed on our email systems.

On the morning of Thursday the 16th of March between midnight and 6 AM,

Network optimisation will result in a loss of service in the Watford, Leeds, Derby, Stockport, Reading, Papworth, Middlesbrough, Stockton, Wearside, Oxford, Kempstone, Stapleford, and surrounding areas.

On the morning of Friday the 17th of March between midnight and 6 AM,

Network optimisation will result in a loss of service in Leeds, Derby, Stockport, Reading and surrounding areas.

We thank you for your understanding and apologise for any inconvenience these planned works may cause.

remind 00:03 16 Mar 2006

Telewest have service pages relating to ongoing work and problems across the country, I hope the merging of the two concerns won't have a negative effect on this aspect of their customer care.

Danoh 00:15 16 Mar 2006

I managed to claw open that same support page with my fingernails, and waiting for 2 minutes to download.

I was suffering well outside of the midnight-6 a.m. times!

GRRR!!!!!

wallbash 00:33 16 Mar 2006

On NTL here in Hertfordshire, and being between Luton
( morning of the 15th ) and Watford (morning of the 16th) still managing well. Have a 2meg service and am very happy with it

wiz-king 13:43 16 Mar 2006

Yup, it was a bit slow a couple of times and I got a note of 'work in progress' a few times, cant remember when though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?