Anyone else waiting for an XBox 360 from Amazon?

rmcqua 14:45 01 Feb 2006

I'm just wondering whether there are many folks out there still waiting for an XBox 360?
I ordered one for my son's Christmas present - the premium console with wireless controller etc. Ordered it in Mid-October 2005 and still waiting. All I keep getting are e-mails from Amazon UK saying "...there will be a delay in despatching your order. We anticipate another 1 - 2 weeks". I think I have had 4 of these e-mails now.
Any other experiences?

rmcqua 16:43 04 Feb 2006

Amazon e-mailed me today with e new estimated despatch date of 29th March! (5 months since the order was placed). I told them to cancel the order

mike1967 17:21 04 Feb 2006

Try game stores they seem to have regular deliveries

Jdoki 20:38 04 Feb 2006

Best bet, as mike1967, suggests is to go to local retailer.

Ask them to hold one for you. Our local GAME got one lot in a week ago and sold out almost immediately - the XBox360 shortage continues (unless you live in Japan...)!

There are a few posts round the internet regarding Amazon fulfilling XBox360 backorders in a seemingly random fashion

rmcqua 06:55 05 Feb 2006

Thanks mike1967 and Jdoki.
I'll try our local Game. I don't mind paying a bit extra if I have to buy an enhanced package with a couple of games, extra radio controller etc. but I'll be darned if I am going to buy from one of the suppliers on EBay, who are looking to make 100 - 200 profit on a single console.

dfh 07:47 05 Feb 2006

I ordered one from Amazon on 19th August 2005 but after being given the runaround and a delivery date of Feb.2006,I finally cancelled the order in Dec and got one from Argos within days of ordering.I wont be buying from Amazon agaon.

rmcqua 08:48 05 Feb 2006

Thanks dfh. I don't blame you. This experience has certainly not done much for my opinion of Amazon.

Jdoki 16:49 06 Feb 2006

As a bit of general advice... if any local store is trying to force you buy an expensive bundle with a load of games and accessories you may want to call up their head office for the company line on this...

The official stance of many companies is that consumers should not be forced to buy silly bundles - but the local stores are not always complying.

rmcqua 16:55 06 Feb 2006

Thanks Jdoki
I managed to get one online at Game - they had a small quantity available. It came with an extra radio controller but the boy needed one of those anyway. So, everyone is happy (except Amazon, i guess).

Jdoki 17:04 06 Feb 2006

Nice one!

First priority should be to download Geometry Wars!! :-)

rmcqua 19:19 06 Feb 2006

Thanks, where might I find that?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review

How to draw a mandala

iPhone X review

Les meilleures enceintes Bluetooth à moins de 150 euros