Anyone dealt with PC Next day?

ivesy 13:51 01 Apr 2006

Hi, I'm looking to upgrade to a new PC. I want to spend no more than £700-£750.

The PC that seems to tick all the boxes is the Zoostorm 5-5401 Dual Core PC (2x2.8Ghz) 250GB H/Drive, 128MB PCIX6800GT 512MB (prefer 1GB).

I've never bought a PC over the internet purely because if anything goes wrong I can take it straight back to Comet or PC World to get it fixed. The thing is a comparable system at PC World or Dell for that matter would cost a lot more so now I'm wondering is this too good to be true and has anyone dealt with PC Next day before?

I'd also be interested to know what other people might suggest for me at this price point. I'm specifically looking for a PC with Dual Core Processors and the ability top play RTS games like Lord of the Rings, Age of Empires etc.

Thanks

rdave13 13:59 01 Apr 2006

Have a look here click here

MichelleC 14:56 01 Apr 2006

Their support is not the best. I still use them for emergencies because they do deliver next day but I wouldn't order a whole system from them.

ivesy 15:00 01 Apr 2006

Thanks for the replies. I've seen something similar at PC World but they aren't my favourite shop!

Fingees 15:59 01 Apr 2006

I recommend you look at

click here

Never had a problem with them.

Stuartli 23:50 01 Apr 2006

Also see this thread:

click here

rdave13 00:51 02 Apr 2006

Tut, tut.

Stuartli 12:57 02 Apr 2006

Hovering the cursor over your link gave no clue as to its identity...:-)

INCOGNITO44 18:31 02 Apr 2006

Hi,
I've dealt with them in November 2005. I bought one of theit £299 base systems for my parents in law. The system was then about the best value for money there was and included everything including lots of software and a monitor. The system was then almost unique in having a DVD burner included in the price which no other similarly priced systems had. The computer has since been faultless. This is in marked contrast to the problems I've had with my MESH laptop (recurring fault not fixed by MESH and poor customer service) which I'm now trying to get a refund on.
INCOGNITO44

ivesy 18:45 02 Apr 2006

Thanks for that I've literally just left there site and sent them an email! I'm about 90% certain I'll order from them thing is I don't want the PC they are advertising I'd like the memory increased and a quicker processor if possible. I've asked if they can do it and if so I'll go for it! Gulp!

m_e_brown 12:01 26 Sep 2006

That was a huge mistake you made if you did indeed buy from them.

I hope you received it (I'm now waiting 21 days)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017