anyone bought from laptopshop.co.uk?

terryr48 21:48 25 May 2005

has ayone bought from click here are they any good and what about after sales service. thanks

Forum Editor 23:09 25 May 2005

had a machine from them when she went to university. They delivered as promised, the computer was exactly what we expected, and is still working well, two years later.

I can't comment on after-sales service, because we haven't needed any.

Curio 14:23 26 May 2005

My son bought JVC from this Company. Works abroad. Had a memory problem, came home, contacted them, memory replaced by return of post. Well pleased with service.

Chris the Ancient 21:44 26 May 2005

I bought a Thinkpad from them a couple of years ago. Excellent and fast service and well packed.

Coz it was 2nd user, and couldn't really be checked, the battery failed fairly early on. And I didn't really have any problems over that sort of failure - it had a battery warranty of three months (I think). I phoned them up and explained and we did various tests while I was on the phone. The decision was that the battery was dead and they said they would send me a new one. I asked if it could be done without sending the old one off first. No problem! They put one in the post - Special Delivery - and asked me to return the dead one when I had time - using the same packaging. This I managed to do before I went on holiday.

I was a happy old man after all that and felt that the service I got from laptopshop was good. Slightly dearer that some others - but good.

KatyN 00:17 27 May 2005

I bought a couple of small items from them and got a quick and efficient service and no problem with the product

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?