Anyone bought a battery from electronicavenue?

Roy* 10:55 03 Feb 2011

I need to buy a laptop battery and I'm considering electronicavenue. Does anyone have any good or bad experience from them and have any views on their product quality please?

serindipity2uk 08:53 12 Mar 2011

I needed to buy a replacement battery for my Compaq Notebook because my battery although working wasflagging.It only held a charge for a very short period.
Determined to buy from a UK company I eventually settled on the one above. BEWARE just becasue a company has a UK email address and UK trading address it is not necessarily a UK company.
This one is infact Chiness and I have wasted a lot of money on first of all purchasing and then returning a battery which did not work. Neither did the replacement but the return cost are prohibitive and so I have cut my losses and decided to soldier on with my original battery.

jakimo 11:13 12 Mar 2011

Its always advisable to buy an original brand battery for computer equipment,although more expensive they are more reliable in the long run than a clone

Steve Jone 15:06 23 Mar 2011

It is the same chiness website pretend to be a UK website!! Batteries-man and laptop-battery-shop are owned by the same one!!

onionskin 22:38 23 Mar 2011

Don't hang about. Li-Ion batteries might soon be in short supply after the earthquake in Japan.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?