Any suggestion to where I can buy a caddy?

josie mayhem 21:42 28 Oct 2005

I would like to buy at a reasonable price, a hard drive caddy that can take a 2.inch laptop drive. I would like it to have dual connection, usb and firewire if poss, but be a reasonable price and quick delivery.

Please do not suggest Ebuyer, as they have let me down, they took my order and money 4 days ago telling me that they intended to dispatch it Monday so that I would receive it Tuesday, and today they canceled, gave a automated response saying either I or they canceled and not Why, and even suggested that I reorder, first time I've used them, so no chance of that when the site tells me that there are 23 in stock and usually dispatched same day!

I even went to pcworld, but they only do the 3.5 and above..

jack 22:20 28 Oct 2005

Many of the mail order firms do caddies for 2 in drives and 2 in ext HDD's complete
Try click here
as a start point
Go buy a copy of Micro Mart for lots of other choices

josie mayhem 22:33 28 Oct 2005

Thanks for that.

Very interested, but like most females I want it yesterday...

But joking aside, I if possible need one by mid-week, up and running.

I need to transfer a data base I've done for work from my lappy to a separate hard-drive. The deadline for this is Thursday.

jack 08:11 29 Oct 2005

Do it today!!!!
Order from Morgans to-day be with you Monday or Tuesday- or is you are near the Smoke they have a store in New Oxford St. and another in Greenford
or another in Birmingham. Check the Website
There is as always a PCW near you.

PaulB2005 08:54 29 Oct 2005

click here

Icy Box External Enclosure IB-351UE-B-BL Firewire + USB Combo - Black/LED (CA-006-BT)

Very good.

Newuser38 09:46 29 Oct 2005

Have you checked Maplins click here or your local store not sure they do small ones but they are always worth a try for things like this.

stylehurst 13:07 29 Oct 2005

Try Novatech, they have a next day delivery (Weekends excluded) if ordered before 1600hrs.

jack 20:34 29 Oct 2005

Tried this one yet Josie

click here

or this
click here

Totally-braindead 20:44 29 Oct 2005

Found a few on Amazon click here

Totally-braindead 20:46 29 Oct 2005

Or here perhaps click here

Keithrow 21:06 29 Oct 2005

I recently purchased a caddy via ebay. Painless and far cheaper than any others I saw. Worth a look.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?