Any ebay user`s

So Afraid 07:06 26 Jan 2008

If my bid wins the auction and i pay by credit card via paypal,will paypal send my delivery details to the seller.

Al94 07:14 26 Jan 2008

On the assumption that you have created a Paypal account, yes they will.

So Afraid 11:29 26 Jan 2008

Yes i have already created a paypal account.

Blackhat 15:59 26 Jan 2008

Upon winning you should receive an email confirmation of your winning bid requesting payment. This will have on it your shipping address.

symphony 17:47 26 Jan 2008

For future refernece there are some great resources on ebay for any queries. In 'My Ebay' click 'Community' and look through the forums and either post up or search through.

spuds 18:00 26 Jan 2008

If you are unsure, then send a 'contact seller' email via eBay, asking the seller if they have your 'full delivery' details. If they query it, then you can correct any problems.

The reason that I suggest the above, is because sometimes the postcode is provided but not the property number. I had a case last year, when the seller had recently moved house and forgot to inform both PayPal and eBay.It was only when we met at an agreed midway collection point, that the error was noticed.

So Afraid 21:43 26 Jan 2008

I won the auction,recieved an e-mail to request payment,which i did through paypal,recieved another e-mail with my postage address which was correct,and confiming payments and who its purchased from,and the sellers e-mail address for any queries.

spuds 22:43 26 Jan 2008

Everything seems in order. All that you require now, is that the seller sends the item without delay, that you bid and won.

If this is your first time on winning an item, then don't forget the appropriate feedback for the seller ;o)

So Afraid 23:27 26 Jan 2008

It is my first time,the seller does state it takes up to 5 days once payment is ok to send out the item,plus its weekend so rest time i suppose.

lofty29 09:21 27 Jan 2008

SO AFRAID
I hve been a buyer on ebay for quite a long time and only had one bad experience, however always check the delivery costs before buying anything as some of the sellers racket them up, and delivery time can vary enormously. I have bought stuff from the states that arrives in a week, yet some items from the uk take three

So Afraid 12:18 27 Jan 2008

lofty29

All paid for now,just have to wait to see how things shape up now,even after checking the sellers good ratings i was still a bit uneasy about giving name, address, to a stranger for postage but that was my choice so just hope it turns out ok.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?