Anti virus software - your recommendations?

Forum Editor 17:32 14 Jan 2006

I want to run some tests with anti-virus software - either free or subscription, it doesn't matter. I'm beta testing the new version of MS Office (Office 12) and I want to see how it gets on with anti-virus programs.

I've tested AVG, Norton, and Trend Micro PC-cillin so far, but which are your favourites?

Icky 17:45 14 Jan 2006

My favourite is NOD32

Stuartli 18:15 14 Jan 2006

Avast! from click here

Basically install and forget - it updates itself automatically and provides both vocal and written confirmation.

anniel 18:15 14 Jan 2006

is Kaspersky. I use Kaspersky Personal and paid for it.

I find it a most reliable product. It searches for new threats every hour and automatically scans my computer daily. It also supplies a great firewall.

Before I had it, I was constantly plagued by various problems, but it is now nearly a year and my PC runs like a charm.

Cannot recommend it highly enough and the users forum is extremely helpful, patient and friendly.

spuds 18:43 14 Jan 2006

AVG and Avast. They do say Kaspersky contains rootkit's.

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:51 14 Jan 2006

I've used AVG for nearly three years and have had no problems. I also run an alert mail-out of over 90 AVG users and they have had no problems. This speaks volumes.

G

Hamish 18:52 14 Jan 2006

AVG

SANTOS7 18:57 14 Jan 2006

AVG for me, its a winner....

ade.h 19:26 14 Jan 2006

NOD32

F-Secure

Kaspersky

In that order.

hzhzhz 20:05 14 Jan 2006

AVG is all you need in my opinion.

anskyber 20:39 14 Jan 2006

Any thoughts on Zone Alarm I have recently installed after problems with Symantec and find it very user friendly. I have read several reviews that rate it highly ( the security suite) so I cannot verify its performance yet.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?