Answerphone Help

SURVEY 13:53 13 Feb 2007

I am looking for a replacement answerphone. My present one is a Panasonic and is rather dated with a micro-tape cassette for recording messages. Most answerphones can be accessed remotely but with my present phone - if it rings between 3 and six times one knows that there are no messages; this allows the user to cancel the dialling and thus not have to pay any call charges. A very useful feature especially if abroad with a mobile!

If there are messages it will give a tone after two rings, allowing one to press a pre-determined code and retrieve the messages.

Does anyone know of a similar arrangement with regard to having the phone keep ringing for the say 3-5 times to show if there are no messages, permitting the call to be cancelled with no charges?

SURVEY 14:13 13 Feb 2007

Since posting my message, I discovered that I had another answerphone - a more up-to-date Panasonic digital type. This has the feature that I needed - it is called 'Toll Saver'

I think that I am going to have to replace these units at some time in the near future. Has anyone any recommendations (that still have the 'Toll Saver' feature?

I am going to tick 'Resolved' but please feel free to offer soem recommenadtions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?