Another which Laptop thread (Sorry!)

danparkes 21:57 20 May 2010

Hi All,

Basically I have a five year old HP Compaq nx6125 which has served me well but is in the winter of its a long and noble life. (256mb ram shared with graphics just doesn't cut it anymore!)

My budget is roughly between 500-700, although obviously you find most laptops a few squids off their RRP. Im looking for something around 13-14" (ie relatively portable), happy to do without an optical drive, hhd also not too much of an issue, preferably 2gb of ram or more, dual core processor (i3 or i5 would be nice) and separate graphics for a bit of light relief (that optimus switching tech looks tasty), a half decent battery would be nice too. I know this seems like im asking for a lot! (Again sorry)

I've been perusing the web and two laptops have caught my eye.

The new HP Pavilion dm4 looks pretty nice
click here

But so does the Asus U30Jc (although couldnt find uk pricing?)
click here
click here

Obviously I can make this Hp last another month or so, so I cant wait for new releases etc if you think I should.

Sorry for the essay. Let me know if I've missed anything. Cheers guys

Dan

danparkes 21:59 20 May 2010

Sorry that should read 'can wait'. Apologies for the double post. (Couldnt see an edit :/ )

birdface 11:11 21 May 2010

Absolutely not what you are looking for but worth a look anyhow.

click here

danparkes 11:15 21 May 2010

Yeh, not really what I need, although that does look like a good deal. Thanks anyway Buteman. Anyone got any advice?

ukpostcode 15:30 21 May 2010

We bought from staples recently and they always seem to have good priced bargains.
You could also look at Novatech?

danparkes 17:06 21 May 2010

Thanks UKPC will bare them in mind, any opinions on the models shortlisted?

ronalddonald 17:39 21 May 2010

try ebuyer thats click here

or novatech

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?