Another plus for Novatech

Totally-braindead 12:02 27 Mar 2006

My new graphics card a MSI 6600GT PCI Express one failed on Thursday. Phoned Novatech and got a return number. Sent it on Friday, they phoned this morning (Monday) saying it was faulty. Now that is fast service.

Unfortunatly they couldn't replace it for the same one as its out of stock so I picked another one, different make, found a few reviews of other make ones and decided to get the XFX Geoforce 7600GS Overclocked 256MB **Passive Cooled** PCI-E click here seems to compare quite favourably to the 6600GT in the tests I can find as its just a tad faster.

Novatech have just proved again why they are my favourite computer part retailer.

jack 12:16 27 Mar 2006

And so say a lot of us............8-)

rmcqua 12:17 27 Mar 2006

I agree with you, Totally-braindead. I have been dealing with them for about 7 years and never had cause to complain about any aspect of their service. They have been consistently excellent.

pc_sausage 13:13 27 Mar 2006

I would probably have bought my PC from them if they sold customised units. But as I couldn't get what I wanted and I didn't want to fit my own components I had to give them a miss.

From looking on the site for the past few months they seem to get the best feedback from value and customer service.

Shortstop 13:45 27 Mar 2006

I must admit, I had never heard of Novatech until I joined this forum.

A little while ago, I needed to order a few bits for my PC so gave them a go after they were recommended on here [previous bad experience with Dabs]. Fantastic delivery & the after-sales help was second to none!

Paul

Totally-braindead 13:51 27 Mar 2006

Its the after sales service that most companies fail on, a lot of companies seem to be quite content to sell you the stuff but when something goes wrong its a different story.

That is why Novatech are my first stop for bits, like pc_sausage I sometimes have to go elsewhere but if Novatech have what I want I tend to use them.

Stuartli 14:34 27 Mar 2006

Novatech has been around for a long time and always seems to attract excellent comments about its products and service.

Shortstop 15:16 27 Mar 2006

Yes - and from me now as well!

SG Atlantis® 18:02 27 Mar 2006

A NO from me.

They charge an extra £14.10 to BT postcodes. Making delivery on RAM modules £18.79, or that graphics card. It'll probably come via Royal Mail costing a couple of quid at most.

Like many from NI, I take by business to people that aren't ripping me off.

tommagumpi 18:12 27 Mar 2006

Had 2 monitors from novatech and both work fine, service speedy, customer support 1st class & dont think i have ever heard a bad word said about them.

Totally-braindead 18:21 27 Mar 2006

Ah SG Atlantis® I was reading the thread in the Speakers Corner about Northern Ireland and the cost of postage. Its unfair I agree.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?