Another PC World Complaint

hardwid 22:05 10 Jun 2008

Helloas a new member to the forum i apologise if this has been done to death. I have read some of the posts regarding the tech guys and pcworld and i seem to be in a similar boat.

I was looking for some advice on my complaint and wonder how to go about complaining. do i go in with the hard complaint and threat of no more business first or ahall i appeal to their generous side.

My saga is as follows. Sorry its a bit long winded but then anything with pcworld is. I have removed surnames and locations so as not to incriminate anyone.

The laptop in question was a compaq r3460ea and was purchased at christmas in 2005 fo £1049

04/09/07 – Laptop Booked In for Repair to power socket. Docket No 372686

17/0907 - Contacted by PC world Norwich. I was left a message telling me that I had been repeatedly called with No answer and that my Computer was available for collection.

20/09/07 - Laptop Collected from PCW store.

02/03/08 - Power Socket fault re-occurs. Laptop Booked in to PCW , Docket No 186793

15/03/08 - I made Three attempts to Contact PCW Norwich via the Teleplan Call Centre. The third attempt was successful and I was told by the teleplan agent that the laptop was not repaired as yet and then the store would contact me when it was ready and not to contact the store until that time.

10/04/08 - 6 weeks since the laptop was sent from the Norwich store to the repair facility having had no contact from PCW. I called the store expecting that the laptop was beyond economical repair and the six week clause was being put into action. I was shocked to hear from the gentleman at the store that not the laptop had been sat on the shelf in store for two weeks. It transcribed that I had been contacted just once in the period and that a message had not been left. The contact details given were for my Mobile phone which has a permanent answer phone.
I made it known that I was unhappy with this situation and that I would be in that evening to collect the laptop and to speak to a manager about the lack of basic communication.

I drove to the store a distance of 25 miles from my home and spoke to Chris at the store. He took the details of the laptop repair and the situation regarding the lack of communication. He assured me that he would investigate the matter and contact me with a view for compensating me for the inconvenience caused.

25/04/08 - After making several attempts to contact Chris over the two week period since the complaint with no success. I left a message with another manager at the store that I would be going on Holiday for two weeks. She was advised that any contact should be made via letter and that I will address it when I return.

13/05/08 - I returned from Holiday to find that no letter had been received but was unable to contact Chris at the time due to Time constraints.

16/05/08 - Whilst processing some wedding photographs for a paying client the fault re-occurs. By the time I had realised that this had happened the battery life was insufficient to make a complete back up of the images.

17/05/08 - The laptop was once again returned to PCW for repair. I informed the technician of the situation with the laptop which was overheard by the duty manager. It was suggested to me that laptop would be written off. I was advised to go home and collect any documentation for any previous repairs. I asked if it was possible to get it from the computer system in store and told that my copies would be better.
I returned home with the laptop in search of my documentation.

18/05/08 - The laptop was once again booked in to the Store with the copies of the documentation. I was told that Chris would return to work on Monday and that he would deal with the write off procedure.

hardwid 22:05 10 Jun 2008

19/05/08 - I made Two attempts to contact Chris as I needed answers regarding the laptop and the data stored on it. Chris said that he was looking into it and that he would contact me before the store closed at 8pm. No phone call was received.

20/05/08 - I made a further Three attempts to contact Chris before getting through finally speaking to Chris he informed me that the laptop had been written off and that I would receive vouchers within the next 7-10 days. We discussed that the laptop data would be recovered at a cost of £30

05/06/08 - 11 Working days after the computer had been written off I called PCW again to find out what where my vouchers were. I was told that a message would be passed to Chris for him to call me.
I was called at 18:00 by Matt on behalf of Chris Kingdom to be told that the credit note had been emailed to Chris about 30 minutes earlier. This was to the value of £400

During the two week period that I was waiting for the vouchers I called into the store to have a look at a new machine and expressed an interest in the Acer 6920G laptop which was available on the website. I asked wheteher it was possible to get this ordered in store for when my credit note arrived. I was assured by the young sales person that after speaking to Chris the requested laptop would be ordered and I would be informed when it arrived. On the Evening of the 5th during my conversation with Matt I was told that this laptop was not available in store only on the website and that the credit note would not allow use online. Despite he said some London stores holding stock of this model of laptop. It was suggested that I could perhaps try to get it from one of those stores.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?