Annoying Roxio

Kate B 12:39 13 Apr 2005

I'm going to do a clean reinstall of the OS and software on this PC before passing it on when my nutter machine arrives and I just went to the Roxio website as I know my perfectly serviceable version of Easy CD Creator needs a patch with XP.

Infuriatingly, the download page sends you round in circles: it finally points you at a download button which simply sends you back to the page where you select which version you have! *tears hair out*

So I go to the Contact Us page to ask if they can fix the link or email me the patch only to find that "we no longer support version 5.x by email".

I believe I am stuffed, to use the technical term, and must buy new software if the CD burner in this machine is to be of any use to the person who's going to get it. I am infuriated - and won't be buying Roxio.

I think I'd mind less if I hadn't been sent round in circles to start with!

pj123 13:35 13 Apr 2005

Why not try Nero. The OEM version can be bought for £5.88 from click here

Kate B 14:06 13 Apr 2005

brilliant idea, crx1600, thank you! pj123, I'm reluctant to buy new software when I already have perfectly good software that works well with the system just because Roxio's site is flaky...

blanco 17:36 13 Apr 2005

If you have any trouble Kate, I've got the two updates 08 and 10 stored on my downloads file and if you email me your address I'll put them on a disc and post on to you.

Kate B 19:14 13 Apr 2005

blanco, that's really kind of you, thank you. I'll try the Google route tomorrow and if that doesn't work, I'll take you up on that offer, thanks very much indeed.

iscanut 21:12 13 Apr 2005

I assume that you have version 5 ? If my assumption not correct and you have Roxio CD Creator version 6, I can let you have copies of the update files for version 6 on CD. If you contact me via my email link, I can arrange to send you them if applicable.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?