Amd Processor

denali 14:28 09 Nov 2005

Anyone have any idea where I can get an AMD Socket A 1.2 processor.? I have spent three days searching the net.and have not even come close. Many thanks.

GaT7 14:45 09 Nov 2005

Does it *have* to be 1.2? Or, is a little lower/greater OK?

If you don't mind eBay click here. If I can find more, I'll be back to post them. G

denali 14:53 09 Nov 2005

Crossbow7 Thank you for your quick response. The manual says it is for a 1.2. Is it okay to go a little higher.? I am dubious about E Bay through previous experience.

GaT7 15:01 09 Nov 2005

Do you mean the motherboard manual says it is for a 1.2? If yes, please tell us its make & model. G

denali 15:05 09 Nov 2005

Crossbow7. It is Biostar ATX socket A BI-M7VKD

GaT7 15:32 09 Nov 2005

denali, according to Biostar click here, the M7VKD will take a (max) of:

* 2100+ AMD Athlon XP (0.18u/266MHz)

* 1.4GHz AMD Athlon

* 1.3GHz AMD Duron

all of which are not going to be easy to find (unless you're willing to get one from eBay).

I'll have a look around & come back if I find any. You can also do so & report back. Let's hope others who are reading this will be able to help too. G

interzone55 15:48 09 Nov 2005

click here

This is a 1.8Ghz Duron, the slowest AMD processor I can find, it's got a 266Mhz FSB, which is the important bit, you may be able to get a bios flash to enable it to run at full speed, otherwise it will just run at a lower clock speed.

At the moment it's £35.01 at Ebuyer

denali 16:48 09 Nov 2005

Thank you both very much. I will leave this open for a while hopefully someone will have other ideas.
The Duron appears a tad slow but if it is all I can get it will do.

hughie591 10:59 13 Nov 2005

denali i saw your cry for help about an amd processor,so i had a dig in my junk box and came up with an amd athalon axda 2000ut3c i think that what it says on the top,my eyes aint what they used to be. if its any good give me hoy.

denali 09:54 15 Nov 2005

hughie591. Just saw your thread. Appears to be exactly what I am looking for. If you would be kind enough to e-mail me with cost, postage etc. I will get back to you.
Many thanks denali

denali 18:56 10 Dec 2005

Please forgive the repost: Iposted this a while back.

Anyone have any idea where I can get an AMD Socket A 1.2 processor.? I have spent three days searching the net.and have not even come close. Many thanks.

I received this reply from hughie591.
denali i saw your cry for help about an amd processor,so i had a dig in my junk box and came up with an amd athalon axda 2000ut3c i think that what it says on the top,my eyes aint what they used to be. if its any good give me hoy.

I answered the post but unfortunately I ended up in hospital the same day. Anyone any idea how to solve my problem.? I tried an e-mail to the little yellow thing but no luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone