Amazon UK - returns?

georgemac 07:46 27 Aug 2004

Has anyone ever returned an item to Amazon or managed to contact customer services?

I have just found a UK address on their website that you have to post the item to.

Anyone ever used this?

flu 16:57 27 Aug 2004

Yes, I managed to return a faulty USB flash disk following the instructions on the product return slip included with your purchase. I think you have to choose which option you want, either to get a refund or replace the product. Everything went smoothly with a new one sent within a week. The address to return item to should be in return slip.

georgemac 17:16 27 Aug 2004

I either never got a return slip or more likely I cannot remember where I have put it!

Belatucadrus 18:12 27 Aug 2004

Never had any problems returning goods to, or getting a response from Amazon, UK or US.

Alan Ryan 19:04 27 Aug 2004

I've only had reason to return one item during the last couple of years and found them prompt and helpful in sorting out a refund or exchange.
I think this might still be their freephone number for Customer Services: 0800 279 6620

Andybear 19:38 27 Aug 2004

I had to return a video to Amazon a couple of years ago. I rang Directory Enquiries and got their number. I rang them, explained the situation and they gave me a Freepost address to send the video back to and I had a refund within a few days of returning it. I don't have the number now though.

Southernboy 20:20 27 Aug 2004

is on the back of the Invoice.

I bought something from them and then changed my mind and returned it within the specified timescale. I received a refund by return, so no complaints.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone