Amazon returns

100andthirty 19:22 14 Feb 2011

Twice recently I've had to return items to Amazon. One defective, one unsuitable.

as others have reported, it's a very straightforward process at no cost to me except for a little parcel tape.

With the defective item, it was posted back on Saturday and the replacement was with my by Tuesday.

With the unsuitable item it was collected by courier on Friday and the refund was processed on Monday.

Why can't everyone give such good service?

961 19:30 14 Feb 2011

Because it costs money

But I've got good news!

I've bought from several UK internet dealers in the last month and had absolutely brilliant service

I could list them but I'd say if you buy carefully you can get a great deal

They are all trying to follow Amazon which I find the very best

ronalddonald 11:05 15 Feb 2011

I remember a time when Amazon couldn't deliver my products even though they used DHL at the time.

bremner 16:18 15 Feb 2011

Surely you mean DHL could not deliver the products.

Simsy 12:10 18 Feb 2011

a replacement for a faulty item, (circa £100 value), delivered before the faulty one had even been collected!

Regards,

Simsy

interzone55 12:18 18 Feb 2011

my girlfriend's Kindle broke so she phoned the helpline.

A new one was delivered in less than 24 hours and she has 30 days to return the faulty one.

absolutely brilliant company to deal with...

rickf 12:20 18 Feb 2011

I think returns from 3rd party sellers take a bit longer though. 5days since I returned an unopened item and still waiting for refund.
I accept that Amazon itself provides a great customer service however. Just wish their 3rd party sellers are as attentive to customer needs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?