Amazon return. I though it would be hard, but...

Simsy 16:31 13 Jan 2006

apparently not!

We bought my son some multimedia speakers, (HK Soundsticks11) for Christmas. Ordered and despatched on 1st Dec, arrived the next day.

He was home from Uni for Christmas and we got them working. OK apart from a bit of a low level crackle and tingle...

Now I put this down to a conbination of things, poor quality audio, and the fact that his PC only has onboard sound. This was confirmed to me somewhat as the cause, as it appeared to reduce when muting some of the sources in the playback mixer, and crackling and fizzing could be heard during PC startup. Whne PC off but speakers on there was no noise...

So I say I'll look into getting a sound card for him, but don't actually do anything about it!

he gets back to Uni at the weekend and emails me to tell me he's not convinced there isn't a problem with the speakers. So we go through some tests, which include plugging in his pal's speakers, (the inspiration for the purchase in the first place), into his PC.... No problem! Plug his new ones back in and noise is back. Fairly conclusive then...

Go to Amazon site expecting problems for a number of reasons. Firstly the speakers were delivered over a month ago, goods are now nearly 200 miles from my home, and the credit card I used to buy them no longer exists! Anyway I go throught the process and indicate I want replacement. I'm invited to print my own return labels... I save the "Webpage" concerned to email it to my son, so he can print them. I then start to compose am email to my son explaing the situation... While doing this I receive a number of emails from Amazon, generated by the process. One of these has a number, which I call...

I speak to a human, (after just a few rings), we discuss the situation.

Result is that a new set of speakers should be delivered to my son, (i.e. s different adddress to the original), early next week. So long as my son gets his act together, (and I'm sure he will), and gets the faulty ones packed ready for collection by DHL such that they get back to Amazon within 30 days, I'll not be charged for the replacements.

I just hope it goes as easy as it seems!

I 'll update when all complete.

Regards,

Simsy

Stuartli 16:45 13 Jan 2006

Last year, a £250 set of Logitech 5.1 speakers I acquired on behalf of my son in 2003 from Amazon began to prove faulty.

He contacted Logitech but all advice failed to resolve the problem, so I contacted Amazon by e-mail and explained the situation as the speakers came with a two year warranty.

I was immediately sent an RMA, despatched the speakers to Milton Keynes using ParcelForce and, under a week later, was given a full refund plus the £14+ ParcelForce carriage charges.

So you can tell I'm just as impressed as you by Amazon, which has never yet failed me delivery or after sales service wise during several years of ordering products.

esbe 17:17 13 Jan 2006

Simsy - Not quite the same problem as you, but I ordered 2 items from an Amazon Marketplace seller, and only 1 turned up.

After using Amazon's 'contact seller' link, and, after 28 days not receiving either a reply or the missing item from the seller, I used Amazon's 'file a claim' link.

Amazon replied the same day, stating that they will investigate the matter.

The next day Amazon mailed me to say that they have debited my c/card for the amount, and will claim the money back from the seller.

Most impressive.

Arthur Scrimshaw 17:56 13 Jan 2006

I hope you mean credited you c/card!

SG Atlantis® 18:30 13 Jan 2006

arthur I was thinking that too.

Amazon are excellent, and really, really well priced I think.

esbe 18:52 13 Jan 2006

Apologies - yes Credited - must lay off the red wine!

cheers.

Simsy 20:50 15 Jan 2006

I received an email from Amazon earlier today... apparantly new speakers have been despatched to my son...

Looking good!

Regards,

Simsy

Simsy 12:17 24 Jan 2006

My son received the speakers swiftly. He arranged for the faulty ones to be collected, the next day, which they were.

I subsequently received an email saying that returned goods have been received and "If you are due a refund, it will be processed using the same payment method as you used to pay for the order. We'll send you an e-mail confirming the amount once the refund has been completed."

I didn't persue this because of the word "If" at the start of the sentence. I wasn't due a refund as I'd had replacement goods...

Today I've had an email saying the refund has been completed!

I've rung them and they will now recharge the account the refund has been made to.

So it's not quite over... but nearly!

Regards,

Simsy

Jdoki 14:30 25 Jan 2006

I have nothing but praise for the service I received from Amazon.

Ordered a DVD, item was dispatched but never arrived - can only assume lost in the post (Ironically it was the second half of the TV series 'Lost').

Contacted Amazon and received immediate reply asking me to wait a set number of days.

Waited... still no DVD. Emailed them again through the link they had given me, and was immediately contacted with another email telling me a replacement item would be shipped.

Great service and very reasurring that in each email they stated that 'they take full responsibility of items until delivered, and issue replacements at their own cost, including postage'.

Simsy 13:10 24 Feb 2006

was correctly made to the correct account.

All now resolved, and I'm very happy with the way it went!

Regards,

Simsy

SG Atlantis® 13:20 24 Feb 2006

play .com

Nothing but praise for them and they'll get my trade for the near future. Sent a replacement for lost items, no quible, waited forteen days and then reported it. An hour, yes one hour, after I emailed I got a reply saying the items were being replaced. 3 days later I get my items.... SUPERB!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?