Amazon Marketplace

morddwyd 10:06 26 Mar 2010

I received an e-mail dated 22 March advising me an item I had ordered from a Marketplace seller had been shipped.

Received another e-mail dated 23 March advising me of package details.

Received an e-mail today, 26 March advising me item out of stock, and deliveries not expected for a week.

Amazon are doing themselves no favours by allowing sellers like this on their website, particularly when their own service is so good.

Kevscar1 10:18 26 Mar 2010

Unfortunatley they don't seem to care about the marketplace sellers. No T&C's or illegal ones. report it and you get no reply and no action taken.
Although I will continue to buy from Amazon there is no way I will buy from the marketplace sellers

rickf 10:59 26 Mar 2010

IT depends on the market seller. I always check their feedbacks. I ordered a software package from one and was kept informed all the way and arrived next day. Pot luck it seems.

jja244 13:48 26 Mar 2010

As rickf says it depends on the seller. I ordered an item from one of their marketplace sellers, paid for express delivery. Item delivered 5 days later. Complained to Amazon. Email from seller and Amazon within a day and delivery cost refunded the next day.

grumpygramp 16:43 26 Mar 2010

Ordered many items from Amazon Marketplace sellers ,never had any problems

spuds 18:23 26 Mar 2010

I use Amazon Marketplace on a weekly basis. Within the last 9 days I have made at least twelve purchases, 3 from the USA and the rest from UK sellers. Five of the UK purchases have already been delivered and proved very satisfactory (CD's at from 1p to 37p each + £1.24 postage, and that include USA delivery)

I can honestly say that so far I have never had any 'real' problems throughout my Marketplace purchasing. The only three possible concerns was 'out of stock' due 'website update errors', which were soon rectified by money refunds and free replacement 'goodwill gestures'. The third was a CD delivery that was damaged in the post. Notified the seller, and a 'free' replacement was sent, plus a purchase price refund for my troubles. Cannot ask for anything better than that, so in my case its 'speak as you find'.

morddwyd 19:34 26 Mar 2010

Must agree with most, have never had problems with Amazon, though one or two with Marketplace sellers.

It's not the stock errors or minor problems which even the best suppliers have from time to time.

It's the deliberate lying, and let's not beat about the bush, that's what it is.

They sent an e-mail telling me it had been despatched. That could have been a mistake.

The next day they sent another, confirming the shipping date and giving me details of the shipment, the carrier and the estimated delivery date. That is deliberately misleading the customer, nothing more, nothing less.

This has done all Marketplace sellers a disservice, since I am unlikely to trust any of them in the future.

spuds 23:27 26 Mar 2010

What you have mentioned in your last post (para 4) as happened to me on eBay on more than one occasion. Strange it was always the same Power Seller, if the winning bid price was low. Some of the feedbacks they were getting seemed to suggest that this had occurred with other buyers as well ;o((

ella33 01:37 27 Mar 2010

Twice I bought from amazon, using free shipping option, with a quick delivery, all was well. The third time I had an experience like yours. It was a slightly cheaper, advertised as special offer price and also advertised as free shipping. A few weeks later, I had email asking me to deselect the free shipping option, then amazon could supply product more swiftly.

A few weeks later they cancelled the order. I know other people trying to purchase that product at the special offer price advertised, had an identical experience. The emails were no reply, apart from a link when they took off the free delivery, so there was no communication.

The supplier may have been at fault but I immediately contacted another online store (no offers) and received the goods within a week. Sorry to go on but I did lose confidence in Amazon.

ella33 01:39 27 Mar 2010

Apologies I don't think it was Marketplace, just a bad experience of buying from them

morddwyd 08:47 27 Mar 2010

Unlike some of you I have now heard back from Amazon (and the seller).

The general gist is "You've had a refund, so what's the problem?"

Well firstly a refund would not have been necessary had the normal practice of not charging until the goods are despatched been followed, and secondly I was deliberately deceived.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017