Amazon Market Place Sellers

Demora 13:39 13 Oct 2009

Hi.

How do you go about being cheated by a marketplace seller?

Last week I ordered Adobe Photoshop Elements 7 And premiere Elements 7 from a marketplace seller. Said was genuine etc.

BUT the disks arrived this morning and they are copies. (everything looks like home printing and writable disks. With serial numbers on the back.

I have contacted the seller but as yet no reply (early this morning)

What would be my next step?

D

jimv7 13:49 13 Oct 2009

Contact Amazon.

Demora 14:07 13 Oct 2009

I have just recieved a response via Amazon from the seller

'That is what we are supplied with so if you want a refund then send back to the address at the back and you will get your refund.'

Hmmn

D

961 15:29 13 Oct 2009

I've come to the conclusion that since E-Bay started clamping down these problems have moved elsewhere

If you have bought from Amazon before I'd keep complaining to them. They are usually keen to protect their name

OTT_Buzzard 15:37 13 Oct 2009

I bought a copy (literally a copy) of MS Office from eBay a few years ago. When the copy arrived, very much in the condition you have described i contacted the seller and requested a refund.

He replied very much as your seller did, although he did try to claim that the discs were legit.

I responded by telling him that if he did not refund then the next he will hear about it would be from Trading Standard, HMRC or the Police.

The money was refunded less than 5 minutes after I sent the final email.

spuds 16:36 13 Oct 2009

I use Amazon Market Place on a regular basis, and have never had any real problems, been more than satisfied with the service and goods provided. If the item or seller is suspect, then contact Amazon and report the matter.

Do not send the item back, because this is your evidence, and the seller may not refund your costs.

tigertop2 17:51 13 Oct 2009

I have just stopped using Amazon Market Place altogether as I am concerned about the reputation it seems to be getting. One wonders how much regular vetting |Amazon is putting into these places.

Demora 18:21 13 Oct 2009

I was rather suprised to get a copy having paid so much money (£50)

I've used Amazon for years and never had any problems until this one. I shall contact Amazon and explain the situation.

I'll let you know how this goes on.

D

OTT_Buzzard 19:48 13 Oct 2009

You have his address - if you threaten police or trading standards involvement he will yield to a refund.
You reporting him isn't worth the risk to him - there a possible prison sentence involved.

Kevscar1 19:52 13 Oct 2009

and when you get your money back report him anyway he is a criminal and needs to be stopped.

morddwyd 20:12 13 Oct 2009

I had a problem with a Marketplace company a few weeks ago, and Amazon weren't interested.

I still use Amazon, but won't use Marketplace, which is unfortunate for the genuine traders.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?