Amazon keyboard/mouse offer + speakers

Stuartli 13:45 11 Sep 2006

About 12 months ago I replaced a Typhoon Navigator wireless keyboard and mouse set that had finally been battered into submission with a Silvercrest equivalent.

Each at the time of purchase from Lidl had cost £19.99 for the set; Lidl uses the Silvercrest brand name in the same way as Adli that of Medion and Tevion.

Not unsurprisingly, both sets were in fact rebadged A4Tech products, which are well made and very reliable.

I've had a newsletter by e-mail from Amazon today that contains a special offer with a Typhoon keyboard/mouse wireless set - a free set of 2.1 speakers.

The Typhoon set is exactly the same as my Silvercrest keybord and mouse, but has the bonus of now costng only £14.99, whilst the speakers are usually, it's claimed, £17.75.

Might not be the greatest speakers in the world but the keyboard/mouse set is excellent value on its own, with the optical mouse being particularly versatile as well as comfortable in use.

See:

click here

if it's of any interest.

lisa02 15:05 11 Sep 2006

Absolutely hate el cheapo wireless sets.

Give me a good wired mouse & keyboard any day and that means Logitech.

Stuartli 15:15 11 Sep 2006

Everyone to their own opinion - as I've pointed out A4Tech products are well made and very reliable.

In fact that's why so many other top brands rebadge its products under their own name.

The reason for so many rebadged products, especially in the computer world, is that no manufacturer can produce absolutely everything it offers for sale.

lisa02 15:48 11 Sep 2006

"The reason for so many rebadged products, especially in the computer world, is that no manufacturer can produce absolutely everything it offers for sale."

So true, I had that debate before when a colleague was generally slating own brand products. I said the same thing... "do you not know that it's the same factories that produce this stuff - in fact a lot of the time the products only have a different label or colour" and they still didn't see reason in my argument.

I'm just picky about wireless stuff I went through 3 different ones that had bad behaviour problems. Since then I've formed a loyalty to logitech, they produce the best gaming mice IMO.

Joe R 20:03 11 Sep 2006

Had a Typhoon cordless set about three years ago, from Lidl, and is still being used today, quite happily, by my daughter.

Have to admit myself though, I can't see past Microsoft for my own mouse & Keyboard.

Diodorus Siculus 21:03 11 Sep 2006

While over at Amazon, why not get a 300GB external drive for only £57 delivered

Amazon.co.uk: ATMT 300GB (7200RPM) USB 2.0 3.5" External Hard Disk Drive: Electronics & Photo
click here

:-)

Stuartli 23:46 11 Sep 2006

>>I can't see past Microsoft for my own mouse & Keyboard.>>

All you need to find out is who actually manufactures them - Micrsoft, to my knowledge, doesn't have a keyboard and/or mouse factory...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires