Amazon (excellent) Customer Service

wids001 15:54 24 Feb 2011

I have used Amazon (UK) for years and have never ever had a problem.

However, a few weeks ago I ordered a CD on Smokey Robinson and it duly arrived yesterday. The item was sealed being an import from USA.

Anyway I removed the seal, opened the case ...... and no CD!!!! After a bit of a panic I went on to their website and filled in the nessecary forms and on instruction printed off a return label. A few minutes later I received an email back apologising for this and informing me that a replacement would be sent out free of charge and to pop the original case back in the post to them.

The replacement arrived (complete with CD) this morning.

Great service!

Forum Editor 16:11 24 Feb 2011

from Speakers Corner.

Covergirl 08:17 25 Feb 2011

. . . satisfied customers have not bothered to post a congratulatory note ?

I've used Amazon a few times with no problems and excellent service.

Terry Brown 09:47 28 Feb 2011

I agree.
I have used Amazon many times and it is my preferred online dealer. Never any problems and always good service.
Terry

birdface 09:56 28 Feb 2011

How many other satisfied customers have not bothered to post a congratulatory note ?

With amazon if everyone one that was happy with their service posted consumerwatch would be full up.
Occasionally we hear of bad service from them but that is not very often and is usually soon sorted.

Covergirl 12:07 28 Feb 2011

Yes, very valid comment, and not just applicable to Amazon but to all retailers whether on the high street or online.

It's just that if everyone were to make their purchasing decisions by what was on the forums, no-one would ever get a sale as the forums generally contain 95% complaints.

I was just trying to redress the balance slightly :)

jakimo 12:34 28 Feb 2011

In 2010 I had 72 transactions with Amazon,and not only did they complete without a hiccup, delivery
was quicker than they estimated

gazzaho 07:32 04 Mar 2011

I agree with all said, my only complaint is delivery charges not being stated clearly enough on their site, especially with one click ordering.

I contacted them about an order recently through email and got a rapid and courteous response, they also gave me a £10 voucher as appeasement for my complaint.

Good work Amazon, one reason why I continue to order with them.

anchor 09:57 04 Mar 2011

I agree, Amazon are the best example of what on-line shopping should be.

I prefer to use them whenever possible.

BT 16:53 04 Mar 2011

I recently ordered an item from a 3rd party supplier on Amazon and when I received the Amazon confirmation email realized I had ordered the wrong size. I immediately cancelled the order and within about 30 mins had an email from the supplier asking if I wanted them to send the correct size rather than cancel the order. I said yes and had an immediate reply confirming the change.

ajm 00:16 05 Mar 2011

My recent experience from an third party selling from Amazon was horrible. The item came damaged and informed them in 3 days time asking them to arrange collection and refund. Communication was a disaster as they were telling me that the item was delivered on such and such date.
They told me to follow this procedure and yet didnt tell me what procedure to follow.
I told them they are responsible for taking it back at their expense and they said it was my responsibility.
Feeling that I was probably dealing with an incompetent seller, I immediately filed a claim and am waiting for Amazon to resolve it.
this is the first time ever in 13 years since I have been buying from Amazon I have experienced such service.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone