Amazon exceed expectations again

interzone55 15:48 19 Sep 2009

A few months ago I pre-ordered the latest Dan Brown book (don't laugh, I enjoy a no-brainer page turner every now and again).

The book was listed at about £12.99 at the time, a saving £6 off list.

Since then the price has dropped a few times, and when the book was shipped on Tuesday the price stood at £9.49.

After the book was shipped I got an email stating that they'd dropped the price yet again, to £4.99, so I was due a £4.50 refund, which hit my account this morning.

Now dropping the price and refunding the difference after purchase is a sign of customer service above and beyond the call of duty, which I think deserves a round of applause...

Stuartli 17:01 19 Sep 2009

But we expect nothing less from Amazon...:-)

That's why we use the company as much as possible when buying on-line.

Still very commendable though.

superhoops 19:46 19 Sep 2009

I always look to Amazon first for online purchases. Always found their service exemplary.

jakimo 10:10 20 Sep 2009

In the last 2 months Ive placed 8 orders with Amazon for the reasons stated,they are always my my first choice,knowing I can buy with confidence

daveeb 12:46 20 Sep 2009

I've lost count of the number of times i've used amazon and touch wood they've never let me down. Its a shame many other online vendors don't take note of the commercial importance of reliability and customer service.

ened 13:28 20 Sep 2009

Amazon are leading the way - I just wish a few others would follow their example.

It is easy to get on here and have a moan and especially nice when someone takes the trouble to heap praise.

Threads like this are brilliant because at the same time as offering praise they are shaming some of the others by omission.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?