Amazon DVD rental

Microbe 18:19 07 Aug 2006

Has anyone had problems with Amazon DVD rental ? In particular DVDs being dispatched from well down the list rather the first or second placed item, even when all of the items are available.

I thought that this was a problem that Amazon had solved, but apparently not.

anskyber 18:28 07 Aug 2006

No I have found them to be excellent from that point of view. I do have other issues with their terms and conditions but not with the overall service. It could be perhaps that at the point of dispatch the DVDs further up your list where for a short time unavailable?

961 19:24 07 Aug 2006

At this stage in the dvd situation is it not just as cheap to buy from, say, Amazon Jersey, for about £12 and keep it or give it to your friends rather than pay a monthly fee and perhaps not get the one you would really like to watch?

WHU 19:58 07 Aug 2006

Ive found this also Microbe. Where as before it would display the DVD you require as being available now/short wait/long wait/very long wait, about 2-3 weeks ago all my list is now displayed as being available now.
My new month starts from today, and ive just been dispatched a DVD about 4 on my list even though all the ones above say available now.
I presume the website is showing all titles to be available when they are really not.

anskyber 20:02 07 Aug 2006

You may have a point. All my DVDs are showing as available, could be a glitch.

pj123 18:06 08 Aug 2006

I seem to be getting my DVDs OK and in the order of my list.

Microbe 19:06 08 Aug 2006

I've had a reply from Amazon and they are investigating.

I guess that I'll see what happens next time

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?