Amazon do it again

ened 13:21 24 Jul 2009

I have only ever received excellent service from Amazon but have wondered what would happen if something more serious went wrong.

I bought a television last November. It developed ripples across the top of the screen. They were relatively minor and quite faint and I could have lived with them without it spoiling my enjoyment.

However I was concerned they might increase in size and telephoned Amazon for advice.

The chap immediately offered me a replacement or refund. I wanted a replacement.

This was on Wednesday and the replacement arrived this morning.

That is a top rate service which went beyond my expectations and I felt they deserved a mention here.

birdface 14:51 24 Jul 2009

Well you just can't beat excellent service like that.
I have just ordered Windows 7 off of them but I don't get it till October.But might just take a little look around and see what else they have in stock.
I have never ordered anything off them before I usually use e-buyer.
I will be needing a new monitor in the next month or so.So will have a look and see what they have on offer.
Thanks for the feedback on Amazon.

interzone55 16:01 24 Jul 2009

I've not bought anything big of amazon like a TV or white goods, but I've never had anything but excellent service.

I once ordered a book at 9pm and it turned up next day.

I generally use the free delivery option now, as I rarely need anything next day, so the extra day or two isn't a problem.

Sometimes even the free delivery arrives next day.

I've only had a couple of problems, once I ordered the wrong book and another time a CD arrived with a cracked case. Both times I was given a link to print a Freepost label to return the goods, in the case of the CD I got the replacement disc before I'd managed to get the damaged one to the post office...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?