Amazon customer support

bstb3 10:24 14 May 2008

Does anyone have a contact telephone number or email address for Amazon.co.uk customer support? Each and every pc here at work has its IE crashed when attempting to load the customer support form on the Amazon.co.uk website. I have an order gone wrong and really need to get it sorted before I get home tonight.

Sorry if this seems lazy, but googling and what have you just doesnt pull up the number.

Thanks,

Bstb3

Forum Member2 10:42 14 May 2008

0800 496 1081

Forum Member2 10:42 14 May 2008

0207 084 7911

spuds 10:50 14 May 2008

Not sure if these might help, but I have two different numbers
0800 2796620
020 86369451

Phaid 12:51 14 May 2008

From the amazon.co.uk website their automated customer service number is 0800 496 1081

Forum Member2 12:59 14 May 2008

I put that

bstb3 13:43 14 May 2008

although I fear it may do me no good... It appears Amazon have made promises beyond their means to keep (long story), and incidentally they still make the promises to new customers.

It relates to promising early access to a video game if customers pre order by today, when in fact early access was on a limited first come first serverd basis across all retailers (and is sold out). Amazon were too slow (as in days late) in getting out pre-order keys, as such some of their customers missed out on the early access, despite having pre-ordered weeks ago.

At no point did amazon say it was a limited offer, and indeed still offer it, despite the fact the offer is closed when you come to redeem it. Even yesterday their video games editor said enough games were available and all pre-ordering would get early access. Simply not true.

I would call is mis-selling to be honest although likely it is an innocent error.

Thanks again, the customer service people can only apologise though :(

jakimo 15:34 19 May 2008

I think your problem with Amazon is the exception & not the rule,I have made numerous purchases,and even returns,and always found them to be a first class company

anchor 10:38 20 May 2008

My experience is dealing with Amazon is the same as jakimo.

I too have found their service excellent, both for purchases and returns.

bstb3 11:15 20 May 2008

I agree with you both, Jakimo and Anchor. I have used Amazon regularly over the last 8 years or so, and have never had a problem.

This case was the first time I have preordered something from them, however, and they contrived to make a complete mess of it. The situation actually got worse since my post, although it now seems rectified to some extent. I will use them again no doubt, but certainly not for pre-orders.

Stuartli 15:08 20 May 2008

Amazon normally sets customer service and after care standards that are a blueprint for the on-line retailing industry.

I'm pretty certain it will be a case of human error.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?