Amazon

superhoops 06:49 17 Oct 2008

Good old Amazon have done it again. They have reduced the minimum spend to get free delivery from £15 to just £5! (Except Marketplace).
Their competitors are going to have to match or suffer loss of sales I guess.

GaT7 12:11 17 Oct 2008

Link with details & T&C click here.

"Their competitors are going to have to match or suffer loss of sales I guess." - people are saying that they've already increased prices of most items to offset the lower limit for free delivery. Fair enough I suppose, so it remains to be seen if their prices are still indeed better than their competitors.

Have always been a fan of Amazon, especially their excellent customer services. But over the last 1-2 years I've been shopping less & less with them as I've managed to find most things [I needed] cheaper elsewhere from online companies that offered free delivery on virtually everything [over &] UNDER £15. G

Pine Man 13:37 17 Oct 2008

'For just £49 a year........unlimited Free One-Day Delivery on millions of eligible items sold by Amazon.co.uk'

Wow - free delivery it's only £49 a year?

GaT7 19:20 18 Oct 2008

Pine Man, I also reckon thats' well worth it if you're a regular Amazon shopper who needs quick delivery.

Btw, that offer has been available in the past too. G

Kemistri 00:21 19 Oct 2008

I would be happier if it had improved the quality of the delivery instead by using an alternative to the Royal Mail, even if it was necessary to increase the minimum order value.

I no longer take the free option because I got tired of having to request replacements for missing goods (at least Amazon is happy to honour its obligations on that score) or having to pick up a package at the depot whenever the postman couldn't be bothered to knock or put it through the letter box.

If Prime was a little cheaper, I might sign up for it.

al7478 01:06 19 Oct 2008

...doesnt Play offer free postage on everything (tho maybe not the "marketplace"type stuff)...?

Kemistri 01:22 19 Oct 2008

I thought it had a bit of a bad rep for service. Might be wrong.

Pine Man 09:11 19 Oct 2008

I think you missed my point.

How can it be FREE if it's £49 a year?

setecio 22:06 19 Oct 2008

Free ONE DAY delivery is £49 a year.

Free between 2 and 5 day (usually) delivery is free for a basket over £5 all from Amazon.

Pine Man 08:45 20 Oct 2008

How can it be FREE?

It COSTS £49 a year.

setecio 11:13 20 Oct 2008

oh yea, I get your point now, pity they don't do telephone orders and you could put it to the test.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?