Alternatives to quietpc.com

Bailey08787 15:19 29 Sep 2004

Hi

My endless (futile) quest to quiet down my helicopter of a pc goes on, but I was wondering if people could suggest alternatives to quietpc.com

I find their products extremely over-priced, perhaps as they seem to have the monopoly on this part of the market.

thanks

hugh-265156 16:53 29 Sep 2004

i tried this for a bit of fun and was really surprised by the difference it made so dont laugh :-) but cheapo rubber car mats work wonders when you line the insides of your case with them. i purchased five at 0.99p each and this covered the two side panels and all the spare drive bays top and bottom etc inside my case.

i also cut away the metal covering my case inlet and exhaust fan mounts. i have seven fans in total inside my case (2x 8mm case front and back + a cpu, graphics card and power supply fans) and can hardly hear them now at all, well worth a fiver and an afternoons work in my opinion.

the downside is the rubber adds a lot of weight to the case this help cut down vibration but its maybe not a good idea if you move it around a lot. i thought my case and cpu temps would go sky high but they remain in high twenties for the case and 35- 50 for cpu. here is some links if you dont mind rolling your sleeves up and getting stuck in click here click here

Belatucadrus 17:24 29 Sep 2004

click here for soundproofing material, A good CPU cooler fan is also great for quietening things down, I've recently fitted an arctic cooling super silent 4 pro to mine and the noise reduction is dramatic. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?