All in one printer - which one?!

bludywoman 23:21 05 Jan 2005

..Also looking to buy an all in one printer. Obviously we all want a bargain......can anyone recommend a not too expensive (maybe under £250) all in one printer?....Husband MUST have a fax machine in it - but I am more interested in the photo quality it delivers for my pictures of the kids!!!!! Read one of pc advisor's reports on an HP - and it said it was okay for lower resolution prints but not for the best of quality prints?.......Anyone got any ideas?..

lotvic 00:57 06 Jan 2005

Canon all in ones are good and the ink cartridges are cheap. (and refillable)
click here
I've got the MP370 (no fax on this model) but can get cartrigdes for about £1.50p each from ebuyer
excellent software with it and it has an inbuilt multi cardreader and is stand alone for photo's.
I'm well pleased with it.

pj123 18:05 06 Jan 2005

Not many MFDs have a fax machine incorporated.

I use Supervoice which comes free with many modem installation disks. It will send and receive faxes but the PC needs to switched on and supervoice running to receive. I only use it to send faxes.

To receive faxes I use Trinite at click here

Cost is £23 per year but all incoming faxes come into my email Inbox so I don't need my PC switched on 24 hours.

Most of the MFDs I have seen that do have a fax facility are only Black and White. I have not seen any colour MFDs that have a fax facility.

So one of you is going to have to give up something.

spuds 18:32 06 Jan 2005

I see that you have another post running,that refers to the possible purchase of a Dell computer.Why not check out Dell's special offers on their MFD's. One in particular is the Dell Photo All in One 962 on offer at about £83.00 or perhaps less depending on order process.This is a four function machine.Dell do not manufacture printers, as their are re-badged from other good printer manufacturers like Lexmark etc.

wjrt 20:15 06 Jan 2005

click here
one of many

bludywoman 22:52 06 Jan 2005

Hi - Spuds, yes had already looked into this....and yes, that was the all in one that I had earmarked....but when you look through the spec sheet, that printer is only checked off against certain model numbers! I HAD been looking at the pc 8400 which doesnt seem to have a red dot against it denoting that the printer is valid with this offer, then when I look at all the lesser end of the models, (albeit they are more in my price range.....) you can add, take away, upgrade etc.....I am out of my depth with choice!....... Also looked at the pc worlds one, the HP 6110 which also looks good and is reduced from £250 to £199.....but seems more or less to do what the Dell one does, but for half the price.....I am really out of my depth .......you know what they say,..a little bit of knowledge is dangerous!...Ha ha.

bludywoman 22:59 06 Jan 2005

to wjrt - the link to the HP 2610 looks good, thanks,....does anyone also have any advice on ink running costs, I know some run on individual colour cartridges, some just use colour and then black.......I read somewhere else in pc advisor that someone recommended that a certain all in one printer (another on the short list!) was expensive to run due to the cartridges!...:O/

spuds 23:25 06 Jan 2005

bludywoman-- This is the offer that I was refering click here This was £83.00 last week now £92.00.

spuds 23:30 06 Jan 2005

The internet price states £105.00, but £12.93 can be saved by removal optional usb cable, so £92.00 inclusive. The printer cables are available much cheaper elsewhere.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?