All in one printer

Doug29 20:56 29 Oct 2007

Currys, PC World and Dixons have knocked £30 off the Epson Stylus DX7450 Printer & Scanner and are selling it @ £49.99

Is this a good deal and cheap to run?

Thanks

GaT7 21:31 29 Oct 2007

See discussion about this deal over at HUKD too click here.

From response by SmokinMonkey (post #5) it's relatively cheap to run. G

Doug29 21:39 29 Oct 2007

Thanks Crossbow7

Funnily enough thats where I saw the deal. I was after the opinions of IT experts on here who know what they are talking about or somebody who may own one.

FatboySlim71 09:31 30 Oct 2007

I gave up with Epson printers as I found that basically they did not last (I had 3 that failed within 18 months) I wouldn't say that I was a heavy user either. I also found Epson's problematic with clogged print heads.

I now own an HP C3180 and it has been the best printer I have used and I can highly recommend them. Below is a link for a review I wrote on it.

click here

spuds 11:27 30 Oct 2007

I also have the HP Photosmart C3180, and I can vouch that they are a good printer, but can you please tell me if you can download automatic notification updates, and print web page script. I cannot, and HP do not seem to have an answer. Would I recommend this printer, most definitely, ignoring the two points raised.

Doug29 12:43 30 Oct 2007

Thanks FatboySlim71

You said in your review "Ink cartridges are a bit pricey." That is the main reason that I am binning my HP. I want something thats cheap to run. I've been told that I'm better off going for a Canon or an Epson.

FatboySlim71 13:44 30 Oct 2007

I should have added as well that I had the same trouble with two Canon all in ones as I had with my Epson's, i.e. they didn't last long and they were problematic for clogged heads.

I must admit when I first purchased my HP I was a bit wary of the price of inks, but I looked at it like this, "the HP's with their print head built into their cartridge make for a more reliable, longer lasting printer because the print head is changed every time the ink cartridge is and also I found the print quality from the Epson and the Canon to be not a patch on the HP's print qaulity" and I still think the same now.

I usually get my HP inks from Play.com or Amazon.

jarani 14:41 30 Oct 2007

my Canon BJC 210 is now 10 years old and never gave me any problems - jarbie

john bunyan 14:45 30 Oct 2007

Doug29. I had a clogging ink problem with an expensive Epson all in one and had to ditch it after only 18 months. I now have a Cannon Pixima MP 760 and it is excellent for photo and all printing and scanning including slides and 35mm negs. I like the separate inks and the fact it has a separate ink head unlike Epsons. I think Cannon or HP are more reliable these days even if Epson is very good on photos. I still use Cannon inks but they are a bit pricy. I note that many shops use Cannons.

jarani 15:10 30 Oct 2007

for my all in one I use Canon Pixma MP 510 again faultless - seperate inks - jarani

SB23 16:53 30 Oct 2007

I too have a HP all in one.

It replaced an old Lexmark, and I wish I had done it sooner.
The scanning quality is brilliant, its easy to use, printed documents are crisp and easy to read, and thats on the fast draft settings, and ink carts are so much cheaper than my old Lexmark, what more can I say!

Can't recommend HP enough, lol!

Steve

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?