Aldi

bigray 07:43 02 Jun 2007

Just like to tell people to be aware of the no worry warranty from Aldi, Bought a LCD tv from them three weeks ago, got a faulty remote or faulty TV, don't know which yet, the only contact you have is a help line number that you wait half an hour to get through & given a job number with a promise that doesn't happen, or you get cut off, the goods may be cheaper but is it worth it, the shops don't want to know. have bought many things from them before with satisfaction, but this is the first time I have needed there warranty, just trying to help you all to beware

spuds 14:20 02 Jun 2007

Perhaps it was the store that was dealing with the matter ( I assume you went back there!).

In my location and within a 4 mile radius, we have 3 stores and a new one being built. All the 3 stores seem to replace faulty items if they have stock available. If you look in the store, you may find a trolley with returns waiting for disposal.Regarding 'no stock', then the store managers usually deal with the matter,and make arrangements at your request and approval.

I had cause to take an electric disk grinder back, that had failed after about four months. The store manager gave me an immediate full refund in cash even though I had paid by debit card, no questions asked or fuss made.

bigray 17:00 02 Jun 2007

thanks spuds, dont want a refund, want it working, went to shop, manager said you have to use help line.
Posted my comments so that people will be aware,
of what the warranty is, Tvs only get a 30 day refund,

March Hare 17:27 02 Jun 2007

My understanding of consumer law:

1) Your contract is with the retailer, not someone on the end of a phone.

2) If you have faulty goods the retailer is obliged to replace or refund.

3) 'Only 30 day refund for TVs' may be company policy if you just change your mind, but doesn't apply to faulty goods.

4) The retailer (or an enterprising manager) cannot change the law, no matter how much they would like to.

dth 21:07 02 Jun 2007

I had a similar problem with a laptop from aldi and after insisting that it was the shop's responsibility to sort out th problem they were very helpful.

bigray 15:51 03 Jun 2007

I think you are right March Hare, have wrote to trading standards to find out, but manager wouldn't budge, you must have a good manager where you are dth or you are better at being more forcefull that me, but thanks to you both for your comments

spuds 16:01 03 Jun 2007

bigray. Try Consumer Direct click here

Ranger 22:06 06 Jun 2007

i'm just surprised you are actually able to buy anything from Aldi, every time I have gone to buy something from them (I get their email)they don't have any stock of the item I want, maybe i'm just unlucky

Stuartli 22:13 06 Jun 2007

The reason is very simple (and it's also the case at Lidl)- there are usually queues building up on each special offers day long before each store opens.

However, in the case of some of the larger or more expensive items, it's possible to order what you require if the stock has run out.

Lidl's offers are also done on a regional basis, which is why you are asked for your postcode when checking on forthcoming offers via its website.

Stuartli 22:14 06 Jun 2007

I've never had any problems on the two occasions I've had to return or change items from Aldi - it's been done on the spot without quibble.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?