AJP support - hopeless!

NelsonPK1 00:09 31 Jan 2004

I now live in Ireland but purchased a notebook from AJP Computers in UK. I recently reported a defect to AJP and returned it to them as requested, but now AJP refuse to return my repaired notebook until I pay them £65+vat for courier delivery. I objected as I had fulfilled my obligation under their "return to base warranty" but they now tell me this only applies to UK mainland customers. Surely this is a rip-off! Okay, so I now live in Ireland but can't AJP make some reasonable effort at putting their defect without putting most of the cost on the customer? My return cost was only 1/3 of what they want to charge me now.
Shouldn’t AJP have informed me that RTB warranty would be limited beforehand? Additionally, on the couple of occasions I’ve had contact with AJP's Customer Services their attitude has been totally unhelpful. They offer as little help as possible, and say their policy doesn't allow them to do any more. Meanwhile, they are keeping my machine unless I cough up the money. Don’t I have any other options that to pay whatever they ask?
I'm only asking for fairness, this cost to repair their defect is a disgrace! Shame on you AJP, I am one very unhappy customer!

Gaz 25 01:24 31 Jan 2004

Most RTB warrnanties state that there is a charge for sending them back. Its the customers responsibility to get it back to us theory.

NelsonPK1 11:06 31 Jan 2004

Thanks for your response Gaz 25, but it seems unfair that I should have to pick up practically the whole cost of both returning it to AJP and then bringing it back to me. After all, if the machine hadn't been faulty I wouldn't have had to pay anything, but the faulty machine was their responsibilty. Are all computer vendors so unfair to their customers? If so, then I will start buying from the high street instead, at least it won't cost a fortune to get faulty goods sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?