AGP Graphics card recommendations

Inside Edge 16:30 02 May 2008

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good AGP Graphics card -are there any good ones still out there? Unfortunately my ATI Radeon 9800XT is making awful noises and the cooling seems to be about to croak. It crashes the PC regularly too so I'll have no option but to replace it(....unless I can just get a new fan and motor).

My MoBo is an ASUS A8V which supports 1.5V AGP. Every card in the PC Advisor reviews is PCI Express 2.0 it seems.

I don't do games in a big way but I do want good video/TV/DVD performance.

Any tips on suppliers of AGP cards too?

Many thanks in advance.

ICF 17:07 02 May 2008

This is the best according to this review

click here

Inside Edge 17:44 02 May 2008

Just what I needed to know.

Thanks very much

GaT7 19:22 02 May 2008

An HD 3850 is overkill for your needs - this HD 3650 at about half the price will probably do click here.

You can get many others that match or exceed the 9800XT's performance for less than the HD 3650 even.

Am going out now, but will return later if you'd like me to suggest a few more. G

Armchair 11:34 03 May 2008

Inside Edge. This is a good buy, imo:-

click here

GaT7 19:00 03 May 2008

I agree with Armchair - the 7600GT would be ideal & doesn't cost the earth. G

Armchair 20:15 03 May 2008

One thing, though, Crossbow. That 7600GT I linked to doesn't support Blu Ray drives, does it? I dunno whether that's right, or if it matters to the topic creator, but it might be worth paying the extra for the ATI card you linked to (or maybe that AGP 2600XT on ebuyer, even).

GaT7 01:14 04 May 2008

Armchair, you're probably right. For Blu-Ray, I think the graphics card & monitor needs to be HDCP compliant.

The 'cheaper' 2600XT AGP card on eBuyer with HDCP support for £55 click here. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?