Advice on a router?

Zopah 20:34 19 Jan 2008

Hi all,
I have Virgin Media's 2mb service right now, and I'm paying for it to be upgraded to 20mb on Thursday. I current have a Netgear 802.11g router, which is theoretically capable of 100+mb, if I read it right.

However, the router's aerial cannot be changed, and the signal strength on my Playstation 3 is between 25-40%, so I cannot boost it anymore.
Especially with 802.11n coming in soon, I'm unsure on what to buy. I'd also like to point out that my wireless'd desktop has 4 bars out of 5 signal strength in the same room as the PS3, due to repossitioning of the adapter. Is it worth leaving it, or should I change routers? (I have a few minor issues with ports, which I couldn't justify the purchase of a new router with)

Joe R 20:52 19 Jan 2008

Zopah,

If you are changing router, may I suggest the following. I have the same router and use it to share my Virgin 20Mb broadband, with my own pc (connected by lan cable, two laptops (wireless connection) in an upstairs room, and a Nintendo Wii.

Have never dropped a connection with any machine, and all computers can stream music video, without a glitch.

Very cheap also. I paid double this price in local PC shop. :(

click here

Zopah 21:08 19 Jan 2008

I'll take a look, I'm hoping to get it from a PC-World down the road (its either a PC-world or a Curry's)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?