Advice Re: different OS's & buying new Ultrabook

DominicDaly 20:26 15 Sep 2015

I am heading to college next week to study English Literature and Art History, I want to buy a new laptop for college. I currently own a recently bought HP Pavilion desktop computer (it's in my bedroom at home), and I love it and i use it for everything. At the moment the laptop I'm looking at getting is the Macbook Air. I'm a sucker for beautifully designed tech (especially silver metal) and I love the thinness and lightweight design. However being an unemployed full-time student, I'm very low on funds and if I'm going to get this it will take A LOT of saving up; which I dont't have much time for with college as my current laptop is HUGE and inconvenient.

SO, I'm just wondering with my PC being windows 10 and the Air being a Mac, can this cause any problems (my phone is android, no apple also). Are there any other ultrabooks that are similarly beautiful and powerful to the Macbook air (with great battery and metal design)? BUT for a lower price, preferably less than €800 (or ~£600 or ~$900).

Is the asus zenbook ux305 a good alternative? (or is it underpowered?) I want a GOOD laptop that I wont have to replace anytime soon in the future.

Thanks for reading this WAY too long post!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?