Advice Please on Wireless Laser Mice

Bernard2 21:39 15 Sep 2006

I have a Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse which performs quite well. However, it can be a little erratic when I play Age of Empires, The Conquerors (yes, still my favourite game although long in the tooth now, the game and me!)and I am tempted to purchase a new laser wireless mouse. The Logitech models impress me but I would appreciate some views of fellow Forum members. Apart from games my computer is used for general personal and small business purposes.

lisa02 22:17 15 Sep 2006

I have a wired logitech gaming mouse, not a laser one though I do recommend wired.

Totally-braindead 02:53 16 Sep 2006

Sorry but I've had too much hassle with cordless mice and for me theres no real advantage, I prefer corded ones as well. And I like Microsoft mice as well. I understand the MX518 is well thought of click here and the MX1000 is meant to be god as well click here. Unfortunatly I've never used either so cannot comment but I'm sure if you look for reviews for them both you'll find them easily enough.

Totally-braindead 02:54 16 Sep 2006

god = good obviously. Sorry.

lisa02 07:46 16 Sep 2006

Mine is the MX518 and it's good, really good, the wired laser ones are meant to be excellent.

freaky 09:32 16 Sep 2006

Got the Logitech G5 Corded Laser Mouse, in fact I now have two....excellent.

Prefer to have a corded version as against a cordless...less hassle!

They come supplied with the excellent 'Set Point Software' whereby you can tune the mouse to your preferences. Also supply you with a box of small weights which you insert into the mouse so that you can balance it according to your liking.

Use them for gaming and normal activities.

Bought the last one from EBuyer.

Mike D 12:17 16 Sep 2006

I've got the MS MX1000 mouse - brilliant!

Mike

Harpur 22:38 16 Sep 2006

i have had the laser 1000 from logitech for nearly 2 years and it really is a superb mouse. the rechargeable battery lasts a long time or if you want set it on the provided cradle which acts as its receiver and it will charge away when not in use.

it comes highly recommended.

Bernard2 21:21 17 Sep 2006

Many thanks for all your views. I understand the benefits of corded mice but I do enjoy the freedom the cordless variety give. I will mull it over and come to a decision before too long. Again, many thanks to you all.

Danoh 00:59 19 Sep 2006

very happy after trying out a "Trust" laser which suffered from a continously twitchy pointer. The battery life is fantastic ~ non-rechargeable battery (less gear to carry) has lasted well over 8 months already. The clicking scroller takes a bit of getting used to.

Love the magnify function button, but used to my much older full-sized (cordless) Logitech's extra buttons. But the Logitech gobbles up batteries ~ rechargeables need swapping after 1 month only.

Can't go back to corded mice anymore, despite the incovenience of changing batteries on the Logitech.

Hope that helps as there are hundreds of choices that I had to wade through before choosing the MS!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?