ADVICE ON PC BUYING

Ian-210039 19:02 11 Feb 2007

IN THIS THRESD, WHY NOT GIVE US YOUR TIPS FOR BUYING A PC.

Here are mine to get us started.

(i) Never buy the most powerful CPU. If you can afford it, the second top CPU is always the better value.

(ii) I always buy from a high street store like Evesham. They know the game. When I order ,I request that the PC be delivered - NOT TO MY HOME ADDRESS - but to their showroom. That way, I can open it up in front of the staff & if there are any problems, I don't need to bother about returning it. (Evesham are very good this way.)I also don't have any arguements about the source of the fault.

Well, what are your top buyng tips?

wee eddie 22:17 11 Feb 2007

I hate to disagree with such worthy intentions as yours, but I do on both counts as most folk are not buying High-End PC's.

I have only one piece of advice: Use your Credit card for the purchase.

Ian-210039 17:41 12 Feb 2007

Hmmm!

"Use your Credit card for the purchase"

If - & only if - you are still in the interest-free grace period. Otherwise, take one of the 12-month interest-free finance agreements. (Just make sure you pay it all off BEFORE the start of the agreement.)

spuds 18:23 12 Feb 2007

The agreement starts the day you sign it, usually when you take possession of the computer.It is usually recommended to pay before the interest free period expires, otherwise interest charges will commence.

Credit cards and Computer finance agreements usually provide protection under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act.

Also remember that consumer laws are there to protect you. Delivery to home click here click here
Thereafter click here

But I think that you will find most of the above subjects have already been covered many times on a frequent basis within the forum.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?