Advice needed RE: Dual Screen Wall Mount arm(s)

fridayUK 18:25 16 May 2009

Hi, really hope someone can point me in the right direction on this one!

I've just finished putting together a DAW to use in my (very!) modest home studio. As space is at a premium I'd ideally like to wall mount both my speakers and my monitors. I say "monitors" in the plural as I'd like to use both my 24" Acer P243W and my 20" LG L207WT, the former as the "main" monitor to display Cubases' main list of tracks and horizontal timeline and the latter to display the mixer and VST instruments etc.

The problem I'm having is that I'm totally lost as to what would be the best "arm" for the job.

Would it be best going for a dual monitor arm which can accommodate both or two seperate arms? What are the best makes to plum for? I've seen a fair few on Ebay with an equally large number of mixed reports on their build quality, functionality, ease of assembly etc.

A large range of movement would be ideal, although it's not overly essential that the two monitors can move independantly (however it "could" be useful from the point of view that I could then set them at the ideal angle for my use).

Also, height adjustablility would also be good but, again, it's not the end of the world if the unit(s) aren't great in that department...it just means I have to be extra dilligent when fixing it to the wall that I get the height right!

Price is a factor but if a good unit needs a couple of hundred spending on it then I'll just have to go for it.

Essentially I'm looking for recommendations. There are so many options that I've been getting completely lost and not knowing which brands are "good" has made things even more problematic.

If someone could point me in the right direction it would be very much appreciated!

wiz-king 20:23 16 May 2009

Have a read of this click here Read the 'technical data sheet' and then it will give you and idea of what to do, you cant be to carefull whentrying to mount the screens.
Most of the 'arms' I have seen are not very sturdy and have flimsy mounting points, it would also depend on what your wall is made of. They also do ceiling mounted brackets.

fridayUK 22:48 16 May 2009

Thanks for that. However, ideally, I would still prefer to go for an arm (or arms) rather than a bracket system as it means I can bring the monitors further away from the wall closer to my listening position.

The wall in question is a brick wall so hopefully mounting will not be a problem. As you alluded to, when you're mounting expensive equipment you want something that is built well, which is one of the reasons why I've been hesitant to purchase any of the arms I've found as, since it's an area I'm not familiar with, I don't know which makes have the best build quality.

fridayUK 23:14 26 May 2009

Can anyone else help at all?

Mike D 10:49 27 May 2009

I have just fitted a Vogels arm and bracket for my dughter's tv. Quality is superb, but pricey. I don't know whether they do a dual arm jobbie.

Mike D 10:50 27 May 2009

Sorry, meant to add that it was purchased on line from av4home,co.uk, delevered next day and sales/technical staff very helpful.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?