ADSL24

harps1h 19:48 27 Jun 2007

now this may seem presumptuous, but I may have found a company that does have a sense of customer care. after having toiled with through hard times with Tiscali, I finally decided to call it a day (blistering speeds of 0.10MB made it easy!) and migrate. I researched quite a bit and decided upon ASDL24. I went through the process of placing my order and went to the billing page to make a first payment and setup a recurring payment method. however a problem arose when waiting for confirmation the page seemed to time out. I asked for a call back through the web site not expecting to hear anything until many hours later. however after no more than 5 minutes,a very polite man who was more than helpful returned my call and checked things over.

put this into stark contrast with Tiscali where you are lucky if you can through after 20/30 mins on an 0870 number to be told by "BARRY" in Calcutta that the fault is at your end, or the somewhat fanciful "I will get someone to call you back sir!"

but as i said earlier these are just first impressions and more will be told in 5 days when the new service begins. I'll keep you all posted.

Dipso 22:00 27 Jun 2007

I'm seeing more and more of these types of posts where people are migrating from household name ISP's to smaller lesser known ISP's and finding them to be a breath of fresh air.

ADSL24, one of the Entanet resellers, are becoming a popular choice. I'm sure you will be as happy with the connection as the customer service.

ajm 22:16 27 Jun 2007

Adsl24 will be my ISP when I move into my new flat soon. They are a ENTANET Reseller. They often are manned by a few people, in the case of ADSL24, two: one of them is Jason. Jason has answered my few queries in a matter of less than 24 hours.
Keep us posted

Gerifraf 00:04 28 Jun 2007

My husband found a website which compared them all and the small ones were way out in front. But we cant find it now. Anyone know where it is?

Dipso 06:47 28 Jun 2007

This one? click here

harps1h 08:28 28 Jun 2007

that is the site i found them on so far so good . got a confirmation mail with all my settings for my router for switching over on 05/07. we shall wait and i see.

harps1h 19:10 28 Jun 2007

i had to phone tiscalis billing department this eveving (in fact as i type!). so far i have been on hold for 20 mins while i wait for a CS to become free. i could laugh. this is following a previous call to the same department before it where i waited for 25 mins and then got through. the CS took my details and then he was putting me on hold for a minute. five minutes went by and then it cut me off. so here i am once again on the phone as i type feeling like i am in a groundhog day!

perhaps the FE would care to comment on this ridiculous situation with Tiscali and if he wishes i would talk to him personally. this has been a long ongoing saga and i am in dispute as they are taking full payment on the 8mb service where i am getting speeds of around 0.40mb in the evenings.

how do they get away with it

CurlyWhirly 01:21 29 Jun 2007

QUOTE "I'm seeing more and more of these types of posts where people are migrating from household name ISP's to smaller lesser known ISP's and finding them to be a breath of fresh air."

That is the case for me as well although I haven't myself migrated to ADSL24 as I migrated to Zen back in May last year after getting nowhere with AOL's dire customer service!

I must be happy where I am as I am on a monthly contract (like ADSL24) and I'm still with Zen!

I would never go back to a 12 or 18 month contract as a 3 monthly contract would be the most I would be willing to sign up to but would prefer another monthly contract if I ever did decide to migrate to another ISP.

Gerifraf 09:15 29 Jun 2007

Thats the one! thanks.

harps1h 19:37 05 Jul 2007

got connected today, with an instant 7.65mb connection. puts tiscali in very poor contrast who could only achieve 0.1 to .05mb on the same line and connection rate. i realise this can fluctuate as the line settles, but this is nearer the speeds i should have been achieving all this time.

a very satisfied harpur

Dipso 22:15 05 Jul 2007

Looking good so far.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017