Acronis - which version ?

jarani 23:28 02 Nov 2008

I run WinXP SP3 and want to get Acronis back up software but at £40 don't want to make a mistake

which version should I go for please ?

FatboySlim71 08:11 03 Nov 2008

I have V11 on my Vista machine and it works great, this should work fine on yours as well.

The best thing is to have a look and maybe post this question on the Acronis forum and see what replies you get. You may have to register to post a question, but this is free and only takes a few minutes. I had a few questions prior to me purchasing Acronis True Image and they helped me out immensely, there is some very knowledgeable members on there, I'm not saying there isn't any knowledgeable members on here though lol!

Here's the link to it:
click here

JanetO 08:51 03 Nov 2008

You can get a copy for much less at Amazon.

Chas49 09:39 03 Nov 2008

trouble with version 11 in that it would never validate, alays throwing up an error - I now use ATI 2009 and it works OK for me.

Chas49 09:40 03 Nov 2008

always!

Stuartli 10:02 03 Nov 2008

The well respected Karen Kenworthy's Replicator is freeware:

click here

Stuartli 10:03 03 Nov 2008

Also see the footnote on this page:

click here

JYPX 14:51 03 Nov 2008

Probably worth pointing out once again, that if you have a Seagate or Maxtor hard drive (this could be an internal drive, or it could be any external drive with a Maxtor or Seagate unit inside) you can have the OEM version of Acronis True Image 10 free of charge. TI 10 works fine with XP SP3.
click here

Stuartli 15:44 03 Nov 2008

You are describing DiskWizard which, by coincidence, I've already mentioned in a similar thread:

click here

I use DiskWizard with my external Seagate USB hard drive, although I also have Norton Ghost and Partition Magic available...:-)

jarani 20:59 03 Nov 2008

I had a problem with my PC and only just logged on - many thanks to all - I have an external 250 Gb HDD from Western Digital so DiskWizard does not apply - I am tempted to explore KKR suggested by Stuartli

Stuartli 23:57 03 Nov 2008

Western Digital provides a full range of support software, including backup versions:

click here=

I have used WD internal hard drives for a number of years, including my present 320GB Caviar SE, but my Seagate external hard drive came with CMS BounceBack software.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone