Acronis and which edition?

Diemmess 12:49 02 Mar 2015
Answered

Silly plunge to pension off my 8 year old OS to XP.
Acronis TI v 10 won't stretch to new Win 7 and I would like to know from a devotee which version to buy and where to go for a sound deal? My old version 10 rejects Win XP

lotvic 15:28 02 Mar 2015

W7 and I'm using ATI Home 2011, because it was a present several years ago :)

I think you should be able to get a copy for free from your Harddrive manufacturer's website, I recall they are customized (name changed but it still shows ATI on the screen when you open program) slightly cut down versions of ATI. I know the Seagate discwizard and Maxtor maxblast ones do/did.

Diemmess 15:44 02 Mar 2015

Thanks lotvic, I had forgotten the manufacturers own! I have a feeling that when I looked inside the HD was labelled Toshiba, but there is plenty there to point the way.

john bunyan 15:47 02 Mar 2015

Also ATI Home 2010 and W7. Works OK but being mean, on a second PC I use Macrium Reflect (Free) that seems fine. My v 2010 was bought for XP , I thought..

Macrium - Filehippo

Batch 09:03 03 Mar 2015

I switched to Macrium Reflect Free with Win7 (was using ATI8 with XP). I checked out all the free competition and Macrium Reflect Free was easily the best at the time.

Diemmess 09:52 03 Mar 2015
Answer

Thank you all, This is new hardware and I'm trying to avoid wrong entries.

My Acronis (10) wouldn't have anything to do with Win 7 but has saved me many times in the past while using XP.

I've ordered an "as new" Acronis 2014 from eBay English address

Nontek 14:02 03 Mar 2015

I use Acronis 2015, having updated each year to the latest version. No regrets!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?