Acer spades, or 2 of clubs

muncherdjm 09:56 13 Aug 2009

I purchaced a Acer 8930g on 1st june, 5 weeks later screen faults appeared and i contacted Acer in plymouth were i had to return the laptop too. They recieved it on the 17th july and since then have given me no idea when or if i will get it back, 8 to 10 days was first quoted. This on a new machine that was 5 weeks old (no replacement, shame). Wwhat seems hard to is getting some one from Acer to talk or even help sort this problem. They seem to have my money and my computer and no morals. Please were do i go from here ... (wife reckons the pub)

Armchair 10:01 13 Aug 2009

I dunno, but I DEFINITELY won't buy an Acer, either.

t.bonez 10:38 13 Aug 2009

welcome 2 the world of got ur money see u later! lol. i no how u feel.buy sum knuckle dusters!

jimv7 13:09 13 Aug 2009

I rang acer recently about a broken hinge on a laptop, they wanted £51.85 to diagnose the broken hinge first, then the price of the hinge plus labour on top.

I had it done elsewhere for £30.

user8 18:16 13 Aug 2009

Acer dont seem to offer great service these days.
Shame really as my sisters last Acer worked well for over 5 years, the build was very good & it was reliable.

spuds 18:44 13 Aug 2009

You mention that you had to return the laptop to Acer, did you purchase the item from Acer direct or a retailer. Because your actual contract is with the original seller or retailer in the first instant, and they should deal with the problem under consumer law, especially if it is only just over 2 months old.

Try Consumer Direct for further advice click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?