ACER repair service

HondaMan 10:06 22 Jun 2010

My laptop, an ACER 935G was sent in for repair ( faulty keyboard-no backlight, and damage to touch-pad) on 15th June.it was received by ACER on 16th June and was despatched back to me on 17th June. Excellent service by any standards.

Why am I writing this you may ask. Simple - the courier left the computer on my doorstep, no signature and no-one home and in full view of passers by! A laptop costing, when new, well over £1200 just left!

Unbelievable!

MAT ALAN 15:54 22 Jun 2010

An item like this would surely have a POD (proof of delivery) from the sender, contact ACER and ask them who they use for their courier service and if indeed a POD is required.
I doubt you would get compensated for this but a polite notice to the courier firm to advise them that items are being left in such a manner might make you feel better.
There may be an issue of the driver forging your signature dumping the goods and just driving off to their next drop.

I used to work in parcel delivery as a driver for 5 years and know of two occasions when this has been done.
In both cases the driver was sacked....
(i was not one of them)

spuds 09:28 23 Jun 2010

Like most things nowadays, some you win, some you lose.

I have a regular delivery of items every day, and in the main everything turns out fine. But there are occasions when you begin to think- "Why did the driver do that". Its now a choice of forgetting the incident or making an official complaint to Acer or their service agent, who are responsible for safe and secure returns.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017