Acer good service

100andthirty 22:12 02 Dec 2009

21st November Acer Aspire laptop in use as music centre for party.
Laptop took exception to beer accidentally tipped in it.
Laptop bought March 2007 with three year Acer warranty with accidental damage.
Managed to find warranty registration details!
Phoned Acer on Monday 23rd November. Acer arranged for DHL to collect laptop on Wednesday 25th November
Acer advised laptop safely received on 26th November.
On 30th November Acer advised laptop repaired and despatched.
Safely received on 2nd December. Keyboard and optical drive had been replaced.
No cost at all to us.
Good service in my opinion.

spuds 12:10 03 Dec 2009

Who actually did the repair, because I believe Acer use third party companies for aftersales warranties.

Or at least thats what they did with a friend of mines laptop, that was purchased via Tesco. On that occasion she wasn't very impressed at all, in the response she got from the people involved. The product was good, the service not so, on that occasion.

dms_05 12:28 03 Dec 2009

Acer offer exceptionally good service arrangements for their products. Very fast and all inclusive so the owner has to do very little other than be there when the item is collected by DHL - at a location and date specified by the owner of the equipment.

Acer own a service company in Plymouth.

As the OP found the very reasonably priced 3 year warranty is a 'must' and is much cheaper than 3rd party warranty from others. I paid £45 for 3 years warranty on my Acer Aspire 5920 and you only need to take the warranty out within the first 12 months, not at the POS.

I've used the Acer warranty repair a couple of times with various laptops and they always complete the repairs quickly and when reporting a problem on a Monday they collect Tuesday, repair Weds, ship back Thurs and the item is re-delivered on the Fri of the same week.

dms_05 12:35 03 Dec 2009

Sorry, should have added that you can track the item through DHL from the moment is collected, Acer email when it arrives in Plymouth, then email again when they know the scope of the problem, then email again when the item is back in DHL's hands. From that point you can track via DHL's web site. I can't imagine anyone needing any more information.

However the owner has to play their part - supplying a copy of the original invoice and including a written note of any Passwords used when Booting the system without which Acer can't begin the repair.

My 5920 failed and a completely new replacement main board was fitted all within one day of arriving with Acer's repair facility.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?