Acer Aspire 5738 PG touchscreen

laycock 18:14 28 Oct 2013

Hi I am trying to buy a touch screen on the net(Glass Broken)for this model. The screen has a Model No: B156XW02 V.0 H/W:AA F/W:1 Have tried various firms without success. Could you help please, The owner is getting behind with her school work. I am a subscriber to your Magazine. Regards.

John
  morddwyd 19:40 28 Oct 2013

Had this problem last year when mine fell off the bed!

Don;t know if you're aware but the screen is very pricey, £200 - £300.

I found it cheaper in the end to buy a second hand 5738 on e-bay. They come up from time to time.

To find a screen supplier try doing an aspire search, or other relevant terms, in the Helproom.

I know there is one, as one of our members gave me the reference but I can;t find it now.

HondaMan 10:58 29 Oct 2013

That seems reasonable and from a reputable seller

chub_tor 17:19 29 Oct 2013

Jock1e Are you certain that it is a touch screen, I see nothing in the description that says so.

morddwyd 19:40 29 Oct 2013

5738PG is definitely a touch screen, I have had two of them!

Plenty of screens available, with or without free delivery, but touch screens at 15in, are hard to source, and very expensive.

I was looking for a couple of months, and only found one supplier, with the help of this forum.

Woolwell 21:07 29 Oct 2013

Acer moved their spare parts out of UK a few years ago but still repair in UK just outside of Plymouth. It may be worthwhile giving them a call. The official screen can be obtained from Zandparts but very expensive. There may be other suppliers. Alternatively have you considered an insurance claim?

chub_tor 09:37 30 Oct 2013

I'm still not convinced that the panel linked to by Jock1e is a touch panel, if you Google the various numbers that the OP has given yes you get to the listing from Jock1e along with lots of others. None of them mention the fact that it has a touch screen. The only reference that I can see to touch is on Woolwell's link where it does state with T/Panel. Is the touch part separate perhaps?

morddwyd 19:26 30 Oct 2013

Well it is, I'm typing on it now!

Thanks, Woolwell, I've just remembered it was you who gave me the right info when I had the problem, to that self same company.

chub_tor 22:06 30 Oct 2013

morddwyd Well it is, Well what is? Are you saying that the screen linked to by Jock1e is a touch screen or the one linked to by Woolwell. Sorry to be pedantic but I am confused here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?