Accounts Software

danpep5552 20:29 03 Jul 2006

I am looking for a simple package that invoices, keeps client records and provides a running total in each product and overall. I do not really need profit and loss but expenses and outgoings would be welcome. I assume Sage would give me this but it is over kill for my needs. What is the Sage basic package?

sunny staines 20:34 03 Jul 2006

MS Excel

ade.h 20:47 03 Jul 2006

Quicken is often recommended to me for its value for money and ease of use, as is Quickbooks (c. £110 Standard Edition) as a more sophisticated alternative without bothering with the powerful but complex and expensive Sage.

pj123 20:56 03 Jul 2006

Try this one. It is free and was written by a Forum Members (Kate B) father.

Moneybox 32, I have it on my computer and use it. It is very good.

click here

Woolwell 21:23 03 Jul 2006

Quicken is no longer available in UK. I have used Quicken for many years and it is an excellent home finance product and I used it for a small company but I doubt whether it would do what you want ie track products. Quickbooks probably would do so.

I would also check what your accountant recommends. You may well find that buying Sage will enable you to provide everything the accountant needs in the format that is required.
Sage Instant Accounts is the basic package at £110 ex VAT.

terryf 23:24 03 Jul 2006

But the last time (many years ago) that I used sage to run small business accounts, they wanted almost the equivalent price of a new program to update tax tables every year.

terryf 23:25 03 Jul 2006
  wee eddie 08:51 04 Jul 2006

If you are using your Accounting Package to calculate your Tax position.

It will need an annual update.

Our glorious Chancellor sees to that.

This is an anti-Tinkering, political statement, not a Party Political orientated one as none of them has had the nerve to do nothing. A bit like an R&D department really. I must be seen to be doing something, no matter how futile it is.

Monoux 08:53 04 Jul 2006

bookmark

dontmeshwithme 13:17 04 Jul 2006

If your needs are simple then I would go with either excel or one of the open source spreadsheets that are available. I do my wifes account on excel and providing you have reasonable knowledge of the product then it should be more than adequate. However if your business is expanding then I would go for sage. It is a safe option and will give historical analysis that can be vital, it is reasonably cheap to buy and you don't need to pay a huge amount for support. You might also find the additional features that sage offers become very useful.

Belatucadrus 15:09 04 Jul 2006

click here TurboCASH, the software is free, you pay for the support package if you need it.
click here Chrysanth Accountant 98 Free download, but I think it's orphanware as it's no longer listed on the Chrysanth website.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?