Accounting Software ADVICE (freeware/shareware)

Brumas 23:46 21 Jan 2006

Hi,
Bit of advice for my son if anyone can help.

He is looking for a good freeware/shareware/open source business accounting software package. He has a limited company and it's first accounts are due soon and he requires a package that does the job.

Any recommendations/links to reviews or websites would be great

Thanks in advance

Totally-braindead 01:19 22 Jan 2006

I don't know if theres any free ones that do the job, friend has a business and he uses Quickbooks. Starts from £42 for the very basic package, the regular version on this site at least is £102 click here amazon are £89 for the regular click here I know its not free but the £42 one might do him?

Totally-braindead 01:28 22 Jan 2006

Heres a link to some free ones but don't know what they are like click here if the link doesn't work just search for accounts

De Marcus™ 02:08 22 Jan 2006

With a limited company your son is much better off paying an accountant, time must be on the short side for him and his efforts are better focused on the business in hand, and not perusing ledgers, I've been there and done that, it can be a pain. However, saying that, it can be rewarding, for a while...........

spuds 11:04 22 Jan 2006

When I was in business, we use to have a freelance book-keeper who came in every three or four weeks and 'did the books'. We used Quickbooks, and you can still get the earlier versions rather cheaply. I forget what the book-keeper actually used on the final submissions, but they were acceptable to the inland revenue. I recall that the inland revenue site use to give, and perhaps still do, some guidance on this issue, perhaps worth a google search.

pj123 14:31 22 Jan 2006

Hang you on boy. There is a Forum member whose father has written an accounting package called Moneybox 32.

Although I use Quicken I have tried Moneybox and it is very good.

Unfortunately, I can't remember who it was (a long time ago). I still have the download on my computer but it is about 8mb.

Hopefully, she will respond to you.

Haol 15:25 22 Jan 2006

Try EuroBudget click here

Haol 15:28 22 Jan 2006

I forgot to add that you have to install Java to run it click here

stylehurst 16:20 22 Jan 2006

Try Money Manager & Final Accounts both from Connect Software, not free but good & simple to use.

spuds 16:29 22 Jan 2006

pj123-Was it not KateB!.

pj123 16:45 22 Jan 2006

spuds, yes I believe it was. Can we find a link to the thread?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?