Abbey national scam email

lofty29 09:23 04 Dec 2008

Yet another one doing the rounds, purporting to come from abbey national saying that internet account has been locked and the usual " click here", I don't even have an abbey account so straight to the box, but some people will get caught out no doubt.

ronalddonald 14:06 04 Dec 2008

for letting us know. I keep a look out for it just in case. I use to get quite a few when i was with AOL. And the fact a company called Amway had my details that it makes me wonder if they were the culprits in giving out my email.

Stuartli 14:13 04 Dec 2008

There are many variations on the banks e-mails scam - just Delete them.

I rarely get e-mails from one of my banks (Halifax), but I know immediately if its genuine or not.

The Brigadier 14:41 04 Dec 2008

My Kaspersky Internet Security normally picks this up when i open an email like this.

Stuartli 17:44 04 Dec 2008

It's foolish to open such e-mails but, in the case of the odd e-mail containing a Trojan or virus, Avast! provides the usual vocal and written warning.

Forum Editor 18:34 04 Dec 2008

that purport to come from virtually every bank known. One current favourite is Alliance and Leicester, but Abbey has certainly been prominent over the past couple of months.

Surely everyone must know by now that no bank is ever going to email its customers asking them to verify anything.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?